Brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just got my bearded dragon Lincoln. The pet shop doesn't know his age though. All i know is that he isn't an adult.
I have a couple of questions:
1. Lincoln has started to act very lethargic and lazy however he still eats some roaches when offered. He also has been sleeping a lot. Is this brumation or illness? :oops:
2. He also hasn't done a poop yet. Is this normal? I got him about 3 days ago.
3. A lot of the time he has one eye closed like he is winking. Is this normal?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Can you give a rundown of his set up? If you have a coil/compact uvb that can cause him eye problems, appetite and lethargy problems. How are you taking the temps? What are they? How big is the enclosure?

KadesBeardie

Original Poster
I have a 4x2x2 tank. I use 2 Heat bulbs and one long UVB light. The pet shop I got Lincoln from said to keep the temperature around 28 C. I have an inbuilt thermometer that turns my lights of if it gets too hot. I also have plenty of places for him to hide, bask etc.

I also have a Beardie, Draiko. He's been really lethargic the past week. Hasn't been eating much but eating small bits every now and then. He is in a 75 gallon tank 76 degrees for the cool side, 107 for the basking side, base is carpet, no sand, and he's 1 year 4 mo. This is my first fall/winter of him being a full grown adult. I'm not sure whether or not he's brumating. I soaked him yesterday and got a nice poo out of him (white urate). However he had some BSF in the poo that hadn't been properly digested. But as I said, he has been very lethargic and hiding under his turtle shell. And he is not asleep during the day, only burying himself under the shell.
HELP...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom