Round / bloated looking belly.. Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys :)

Do you think his belly looks swollen? I feel like it looks rounder than usual but I'm not sure. It's not meant to be that puffed out right? Def not him puffing up at me, and he ate all his crickets yesterday... However I did notice he had a small poop yesterday. He didn't go after his crickets this morning but he typically doesn't this early anyway.

He ate his crickets super ravenous yesterday so I'm worried he may have gotten impacted?

If he doesn't poop normally today should I worry about impaction? If so what should I do? I think I saw something about doing a soak? If he does poop and eat what other worry is there? Parasites?

Here are some pictures.

A3C08CA6-FEE8-44E8-92F8-B8856122DB4B_zps0yklnqpv.jpg

CB262E7A-0867-4BCB-A816-BD7B738946D5_zpsvmfwhklc.jpg

51C402C0-887D-48FD-9986-8B7D13430B24_zpsjc4p17jl.jpg

CF5CD505-8D5D-43C5-B41A-A1BCBAFAE93E_zpsfzvwmqzf.jpg

Also I know it looks like he's flattening out to bask but his belly is definitely rounded all the way around.

Thank you!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's common for them to puff out like that. It's party to increase surface area for basking as you mentioned, but their skin is also a bit loose and flexible so they can puff out and help with sheds and puff out as a defense mechanism when needed. Don't worry about poops. They can go for a while without them, especially as they get older.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Big eaters get big bellies. :) When you think of the amount of food they can throw down, they will look a bit stuffed from time to time. By the way, are you sure of his gender ? If you have any doubts at all, here is the way to be 100% sure.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209431

SabineMaxine

Original Poster
AHBD":2v3zs4qq said:
Big eaters get big bellies. :) When you think of the amount of food they can throw down, they will look a bit stuffed from time to time. By the way, are you sure of his gender ? If you have any doubts at all, here is the way to be 100% sure.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209431

That's true! Okay I'll just keep an eye on him. Just have never seen it so round o.o

And no haha I'm not sure actually. I checked once when he was smaller and it looked like two bumps but I know because he was small it may have not been accurate. He has been pretty skiddish still so I haven't been able to pick him up to check. I may be getting it all wrong :p

SabineMaxine

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2lf2lldk said:
It's common for them to puff out like that. It's party to increase surface area for basking as you mentioned, but their skin is also a bit loose and flexible so they can puff out and help with sheds and puff out as a defense mechanism when needed. Don't worry about poops. They can go for a while without them, especially as they get older.

Gotcha! It does look like he's going to shed soon. His legs look lighter, as does his tail.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom