Roach Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
So Hemingway is going on 9 months and loves his roaches. He eats medium sized ones which are approximately 3/4 of an inch and I was wondering if I could buy large ones now. He's about 14 and a half inches. The roaches would be slightly larger than the space between his eyes. I know that at some point that rule doesn't apply and was wondering when that is.

86297-9188859094.jpg
Ain't he just too cute! :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd give it a little bit longer, but watch to see how he handles and chews up the current size. If he can chop those down without a problem, then he may be ready for larger ones. It's not a problem to keep feeding him the smaller sizes though.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea he seems to eat up the ones he has now really fast which is why i figured larger one would be better. But if the smaller ones will do for now then I'll just keep giving him those for a while longer.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you're buying in bulk rather than using a colony it might be cheaper to buy them a bit smaller rather than as adults. If that's the case, I'd just keep going with the smaller ones - it's not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom