How can you tell if your beardie hates his enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzynom

I think my bearded dragon hates his enclosure. It's not too small for him but every time I put him in, his stress marks turn a dark grey and when I take him out they go away completely. Sometimes he will glass surf but he doesn't do that often. What should I do?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think that's fairly common. If you have a good temperature and UVB gradient along with some places to climb and some places to hide it should be OK. Just give him time to settle into it. Perhaps it would be helpful to put up an interesting background.

Enzynom

Original Poster
He has a gradient along with two places to climb and two places to hide. I did that so he could bask and climb/hide or cool and climb/hide. But he doesn't hide much. He always likes to climb and bask. He also has a background. Can they feel over crowded?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds good to me. I don't know that they feel crowded but they can take a while to settle in. They can want out if something is off with the lighting but that sounds OK. If he glass surfs I'd take him out to explore but otherwise I'd just let him be to try and adjust.

Enzynom

Original Poster
I already handle him a lot. I guess I'll just handle him more than that. I guess I just got a little explorer on my hands :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom