Euthanizing old dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

musikgeek1408

OK so I just got a bearded dragon(mal), but I wasn't aware of the age at all. We later found that she is at least 14, which is extremely old for mal. She doesn't move much and only eats bugs. She refuses to eat any vegetables. She also seems to be shedding but is way to old to shed. I'm just wondering if it would be better to euthanize her, or let her live out the rest of her life.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I couldn't do that to her.
I had to do that once but it was because I didn't want her to suffer anymore.... It tore me up :cry: .
She doesn't seem to be suffering, she's just old and lazy, doesn't take much food to be old and lazy.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Hell no .... !

if she's not ill or in pain , and still eating regularly, ,killing her because she might be a little bit inconvenient to care for because she's very old and set in her ways and very lazy, is a detestable thing to do to her.

If I lived locally to where you are I'd take her in a heartbeat .

Let her enjoy her last months or years in comfort and safety and give her lots of loving while she's still around, she deserves it.

I'd make sure you set up her enclosure so she doesn't need to climb much and give her lots or quality time and treats .... spoil her , don't kill her. Heck she might have another few years of healthy life in her yet (I've heard of beardies living into their 20s).

scorpius

Let her live out the rest of her life in comfort , My old dragon Big Daddy that just passed away got lazy the last year of his life slept most of the time

He was too lazy to eat anything other than a cricket that would wander near his mouth that he did not have to chase :D

I would hand feed him his greens daily by wiggling them and he ate them , also gave him lots of hugs and kisses and let him fall asleep on my shoulder most nights

he got an extra year of life by doing this with no discomfort and seemed happy

Give your elderly buddy the "Dragon Retirement Plan" which consists of extra love and care , they deserve it

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
scorpius":11tx0i6o said:
Let her live out the rest of her life in comfort , My old dragon Big Daddy that just passed away got lazy the last year of his life slept most of the time

He was too lazy to eat anything other than a cricket that would wander near his mouth that he did not have to chase :D

I would hand feed him his greens daily by wiggling them and he ate them , also gave him lots of hugs and kisses and let him fall asleep on my shoulder most nights

he got an extra year of life by doing this with no discomfort and seemed happy

Give your elderly buddy the "Dragon Retirement Plan" which consists of extra love and care , they deserve it
kingofnobbys":11tx0i6o said:
Hell no .... !

if she's not ill or in pain , and still eating regularly, ,killing her because she might be a little bit inconvenient to care for because she's very old and set in her ways and very lazy, is a detestable thing to do to her.

If I lived locally to where you are I'd take her in a heartbeat .

Let her enjoy her last months or years in comfort and safety and give her lots of loving while she's still around, she deserves it.

I'd make sure you set up her enclosure so she doesn't need to climb much and give her lots or quality time and treats .... spoil her , don't kill her. Heck she might have another few years of healthy life in her yet (I've heard of beardies living into their 20s).
You guys ROCK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom