Shiro's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I would like to introduce my new baby beardie, Shiro (it means white in Japanese) becuase he or she is a white hypo beardie.

Really happy to have him/her and I hope questions and answers on this post will help other people that have a baby beardie.

To kick it off she/he is stunning and very cheeky already! Took dubia from my hand without blinking and jumped onto her hammock and is happily watching her new tank.

So far so good and vet check next week and every six months from there on.

My beautiful girl Tengu will be sadly missed but she taught me a lot and she will always be in my heart and memories, RIP Tengu chan we love you so much.

81643-5623108963.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, it doesn't have enough calcium to give them the dose they need. So I still gave Imp his regular calcium amt, so you should still dust one meal a day, 5x a week for calcium and 2x a week for vit/min.

It fills her tummy because no chewing, just licking, and digests easier than bugs. Still give her bugs 2-3x a day, though. I give the mix to Imp first thing in the morning after his poop bath. Then supplements, then dubia, then mix and try to feed more dubia later in the day if I can manage it. It's not easy to force feed him, I'm hoping he'll get back into roaches soon.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
And just now she went to cool side for first time. She is really getting to know her tank now which is lovely to see.

81643-2995837219.jpg

Very quickly grabbed my camera before she moved!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
And she's now 7g :)

Weighed her when sleepy and she soon became alert LOL

Now though she's sleeping on her hammock which must be a good thing as its at the front of the tank. Shows trust?

Tiny little leg hanging off the edge LOL

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like she's settling in well =). I love the photo of her sticking her tongue out at the camera!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The photos are lovely and I love the one where she's sticking her tongue out, too, she's so healthy, love the little belly and gained a gram, yeah!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh she's hilarious!!!

This morning it was 08:30 and there she was on the minute waiting for dubia! Isn't it amazing how they are bright eyed and all super happy to see you for food and as soon as it's done they run off and give you the stink eye!!!!

Funny girl for sure.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, for sure, I can understand. Gabriel has decided that no matter where I put him down, he will jump down on the floor on his belly...drives me crazy....so now he's just on the floor and I get him outside in the early morning sun as often as I can. It's all I can do, the vet told me to keep him quiet, that's almost impossible to do. Even on the counter when the baths are done, he constantly pushes himself to fall into the sink. He's crazy that way :mrgreen:

I'll check tomorrow how this Moneygram works and let you know. I was out to doctor and vet yesterday and was very sore today. Plus food shopping today. I have to start tallying up what Eric is going to owe me and make up a loan. I like to keep good track of my $.

This weekend we have the kids for an extra day as it's a holiday in Canada, Labour Day Monday. So that should be interesting. My friend comes in Friday am to clean, so I'll be moving stuff off the counters, etc, and put onto my bed, then will resort them, as some stuff needs to be put away.

My grandkids have very long, clever fingers with good brains and they come up with all sorts of things.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Gabriel.... LOL

They are so naughty and stubborn!!!!

Shiro has been alone all day so I'm interested to see if she eats the dubia by herself. I have some this morning as she expects it.

She does regular business which is good. Everyday! But it's so small!!! It's even cute it's so small lol

Looking forward to the mix. I think it will be very good for her.

Yeh it's easy to do. My mum does same thing in UK for me.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll be looking forward to hearing if she ate the dubia on her own.

Thanks for letting me know you do this often, I'll get out of her shortly and go check it out.
I"ll just wrap up the cares and I'll send bee pollen, too, k" I have lots.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Bad girl didn't eat them!!!!

It was funny though. She opened her mouth at the syringe so I put a drop in her mouth LOL she swallowed it and looked quite pleased and then ran off!!

I am writing about her eating for sure. Doesn't touch veg and won't get the dubia by herself. Hmmmmmm

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Morning

Well naughty girl here is so excited to eat in the morning but only eats 5 or 6 and then backs off. Also waits for me to give her them!! Shocking! :shock: :shock:
She had a little bath this morning and isn't it funny how they soon latch onto your finger to get out of the bath without trying to bite you :lol: :lol: good excuse for a stroke and holding time though. She is so much better already now. Doesn't open her mouth at my hand now, tries to escape when I try to grab her but that's fine she is only 3 months.

Did more business this morning so all is well.

I am happy she has a short bath because she doesn't drink water well.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hopefully she'll start eating more. You can feed her, if you find it works well. I still feed 3 of mine, Imp, Gabriel and Nathaniel, when he's awake.

So do that, let her eat the 5 or 6, then offer more from your hand. Or however you feed her. She needs to eat more than that. When does she got to the vet?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Vet said she's too small for blood test so keep feeding and if she doesn't eat or change in behavior to bring her in

She's super active and basks and runs around etc and does eat but not enough. I'm not sure if it's because she only had 5 a day at pet shop so she feels full?

Another poop this morning so everything seems okay

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just keep going and ask the pet shop if they know of an appetite stimulator. She might be a bit dehydrated, even with the water, it's not enough. So that can also cause not eating. So baths every day, twice a day if she only stays in a few minutes, she needs a good 10 minute soak daily, even if it's 3 baths to accumulate that much time. Dehydration is a very serious issue with babies, that's why I said from the beginning to do short baths, 10 min daily, more if possible. The more she's in her bath, buzzing about, the better she'll keep water in.

See how that goes until you get your package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom