Help!!Beardie is dying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!Someone Please help!My baby beardie Jasper is dying I cannot take them to the vet and I think they might pass tomorrow.If they dont tomorrow please tell me something i can do!All jasper does now is lay around on the floor in there cage not moving and sleeping.It looks like they want to go up and bask...But they cant.I attempted to take them outside for about 30 minutes but...They were still acting like this!Someone please help!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Never mind then, that is way to young. Can you give me a run down of his enclosure? Lights, substate, food, etc.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I also noted that in the beginning of your post you suggested there was only one dragon, but towards the end you said 'they' multiple times. Is there one or two dragons?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, if Jasper is only 3 months, he is way too young to brumate! Do you have just one dragon or multiple dragons in the same tank?
Please run over your tank setup for us, so we can try to trouble shoot if possible.
Let us know how he is doing & what the vet says if you make it to the vets.

Tracie

JasperTheBeardie

Original Poster
There is only 1 aka jasper i call jasper them because i dont know if its a boy or girl anyways.15 gal 100 watt basking light reptisun 10 basking log i spray it with water everyday.They take a bath every week

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How far from the basking area is the ReptiSun? Is it the screw in coil/compact type or is it a tube?

The smaller tanks like what you have are difficult to manage temperatures in. What are the temperatures around the tank and how are you measuring them?

If the weather is good outside, it may be helpful to bring him outside for a while to get some natural sunlight until everything in the setup can be sorted out and tweaked as needed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Jasper doing today? I hope there has been some improvement.
I agree, a 15 gallon is hard to maintain the temperatures in & can oftentimes get too hot.
What are the temperatures running in the tank? A digital thermometer should be very accurate in reading the temperatures. It's very important to have a cool & a hot end, so he can thermoregulate & not get overheated.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news to hear you are getting some food into Jasper now. Is he enjoying being handfed crickets then?
I hope he is feeling better. Keep us posted on him.
Don't forget to keep him around 80 in his tank at night, to boost his immune system.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom