'Bout to Lay Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Hello,
So for a few days now my almost one year old dragon has been going insane inside her cage: running, scampering, trying to dig... could she be possibly ovulating? It seems slightly weird to me because she's less than a year old. I originally thought it was because I left my brother in charge of turning on her lights for two weeks when I left for vacation (He stayed up till 6 and woke up around 2). I thought she was confused about the season or whatever... I don't know anyone else got an idea.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The digging behavior may indicate she is trying to lay eggs. Has her appetite declined at all? She may just be restless too. It couldn't hurt to build a dig box for her and see what she does. I'd at least let her out to run around and burn off some energy if she's restless.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She does seem to have quit eating some... but I just fed her a bunch of waxworms a few days ago so she might be going on strike for those. I have let her out of her cage and she seemsd to just want to look out my window so it might be that. Haha I don't know. She just kinda weirded me out because when she wants out of her cage she never goes this crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom