Won't Eat or Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! So I got my beardie about 2 weeks ago and he's been eating fine and pooping fine, but a couple days ago, he started to stop eating his crickets. He also hasn't pooped since Sunday, so it's been 6 days. He ate a couple little chunks of watermelon yesterday, and maybe 3 crickets in the last 2 days even though he gets 10 a day, and I'm getting really worried.
The first time he pooped it was a dark blackish brown color with a little white, and the next time the poop was a lighter brown with white. I did change the store I bought the crickets from about the time he stopped eating them, but I've got a friend who uses the new crickets all the time and his dragon is fine.
His UVA light is brand new, but I'm not sure how old the UVB is (I got him from Craigslist)
Please Help!!!!

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
PRoper uvb is essential. Can you pick up a new bulb? Reptisun 10.0 is recommended. What ates the temperatures and how is the setup?

Pictures are a great help.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
How big are these new crickets, if they have wings they could cause impaction. I have been told by our vet that they can't digest the wings and to avoid large crickets.
You might need to give him a warm bath to get him to poop, sometimes that helps.

SkyeNoelle8

Original Poster
I've given him a bath nearly every day, and I think only one had wings. They're a variety of sizes, some large, some small, some medium.

:banghead: my beardie hasn't pooped for three days He is one year old and about 16 inches his crickets are small as are his waxworms my mercury vapor bulb is new and I have been giving him warm baths help

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
SkyeNoelle8":2mrxnt50 said:
Ok, my beardie started to eat and he pooped earlier so I'm good!
I have been on this site for about a month and I can honestly say, nowhere else will you see folks happier about seeing poop, lol!!!
That is great news, seems that things are getting better.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
AxolotlRocky":7ug5vk78 said:
:banghead: my beardie hasn't pooped for three days He is one year old and about 16 inches his crickets are small as are his waxworms my mercury vapor bulb is new and I have been giving him warm baths help
Can you give us a rundown on his housing, UVB, UVA(basking light), substrate, temps (basking, warm end and cool end) ect...

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. You should buy a new uvb bulb. Reptisun 10.0 tube t5 is what you want. The t5 is stronger than the t8 and can be put on top of the screen. Needs to be changed yearly.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, he most likely needs the proper UVB light & supplementation. Since you have just recently gotten him, replacing his light would be very important.
Do you have pictures of him?
What are the temperatures in his tank?
Be sure the crickets are smaller than the space between his eyes, to avoid impaction.
Do you know what the substrate was that he was kept on prior to you getting him, sand or other loose substrate? He could possibly be a little impacted, too.

Tracie

Well I have a solarglo mercury vapor bulb with a basking temp of 110 he is a year old I feed him medium crickets no bigger than the size between his eyes along with wax worms he has paper towels for substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom