Bubbling hematoma on tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvsteeves

Hello all, I'm reaching out to a forum for the first time since I've gotten my 7 year old beardie because myself and her vet are completely stumped on what would be happening. About 4 months ago my girl laid her first clutch of infertile eggs and during this process she somehow injured her tail. The vet diagnosed her with a hematoma after doing a needle aspiration and sent us in our way with instructions on how to hopefully allow her to heal on her own. She has had no changes in her behavior, eating, or anything else besides the substantial bump in her tail. Now however she has still not healed and her tail is redder than ever. I also just noticed 30 minutes ago after giving her a bath that the scales around the area are not growing back but rather a blueish gray bump had appeared at the top of the area. It also appears the scales are seperating Upward off the spot, as if they are peeling off. She seems to be in no pain and her tail is normal colored, no discoloration or blackening, so I'm not sure what this could be. Hours of research online has turned up nothing and neither the vet nor I had had any luck figuring it out. Please help Charlie! Thanks

Also, I have photos of the progression of her tail but am unsure how to post them! If someone could instruct me I would love to add them to the post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom