Diharrea and not eating. Help is this relocation stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, im new to thr forum just got a baby beardie 3 days ago named reptar who has stopped eating and jad diharrea. Shes in the zilla deluxe bearded dragon starter kit, which comes with 3 bulbs but im awaiting a mercury vapor bulb in the mail because i dont like that it has a coil flourescent though it claims to not have the harmful light frequency. Im not sure on temps cause some threads say cooler temps for babies so they dont dehydrate, others say warmer to promote growth, can someone clarify? Hot side is about 100 cool side 88 im using a zoomed digital thermometer the point and click kind. Day 1 reptar ate and hunted normally but not much, i hear babies can jave a huge appetite this wasnt that. Then day 2 i woke up and cleaned a solid stool but reptar wasnt catching cricket. That evening she had diharrea. I thought it was too hard to hunt in 20gal with crickets hiding in the log, but then i tried today to take her in a smaller tank for feeding to make it easy and no dice. Today still not eating and her poop was a bit more solid but not much poop cause she stopped eating. Is this relocation stress? Cause shes a tiny baby, i have a pic next to marbles for reference but she has active energy, i couldnt get her to pose by the marbles she kept scurrying off... uhh also can anyone explain to me how i can post pictures to help? Shes like 5-6 grams

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, hopefully we can get things straightened out for Reptar. :) Here's how to post pics, and please include some of the tank she's in.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then hit XIMG

It may be part stress, but just in case it might be too large crickets, what exact size crix are you feeding her ? Be specific....tiny dragons can only eat tiny [ 1/4" ] crickets or they can become impacted. And the basking temp. should be 100-105 [ I raised 1,000's of babies ] but the cool side should be no more than 82 so try to get it down a bit. Drip water on her snout for a drink.

Keep feeding her in her tank, just use a few small crix at a time and shake them up in a jar first with a tiny pinch of calcium powder. Shaking them will stun them + make them slow which looks like an easy target for a baby beardie.

Baconbits1204

Original Poster
Yes they are the tiny crickets and i do dust them with calcium+ d3 i also have herptivite multivitamin and calcium with no d3 but havent used those yet, heres some pics i put in a mini dehumidifier cause humidity is almost 60% right now eek!
88270-9059145189.jpg
88270-4273842382.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a beautiful set up. :) What is the material used for the floor+ caves ? It's hard to tell exactly because there's reflection on the glass....and by the way, be sure to get the marbles out , when he's a bit bigger he may swallow them.

Some babies are overwhelmed in a large tank filled with decor and it affects their appetite. Try giving him baby food chicken, squash and or peas mixed with a bit of water . That will hydrate + give him nutrients as well.

What is the 3rd light you have ? Get rid of one of the heat lamps so his cool side can get down to 80. Overheating can cause diarrhea as well.

Baconbits1204

Original Poster
I actually just got in the mail the powersunuv 100w mercury vapor bulb so that is now the 1 bulb im using, its ok to feed them chicken?

Baconbits1204

Original Poster
The substrate is zoomed excavator clay burrowing substrate i run a shop vac over it when im feeding her to make sure theres no loose substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom