Swollen vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraconaKeitorin

Original Poster
It seems like she's done. She hasnt done anymore digging and she's eaten a little bit of calcium dusted superworms but she's turned her nose up to a dubia and some collard greens.

DraconaKeitorin

Original Poster
I don't know what to make of the eggs. Some are solid white and feel pretty hard, some are hard with some yellow spots and some are all yellow and feel paper thin.

*update

here's a photo of the eggs:

DraconaKeitorin

Original Poster
Its okay that they look like that? I was worried that she didn't get enough calcium.

Her appetite still isn't back and she's just sitting there in the middle of her tank. I'm going to leave her be to rest and choose when she's ready to dig into the food in her tank.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can offer water dripped on her snout or give a 10 minute warm bath to allow her to drink. Then pat her dry + back in the heat of the tank. The eggs are typical, sometimes they dry out quickly after being laid and can get those dry yellow patches. They may indicate a slight calcium deficiency so continue to offer calcium with D3 2X a week and without D3 2X a week.

DraconaKeitorin

Original Poster
Just went up and gave her some water. You can tell she's tired but she's as alert as ever. I gut load her feeders but I'll start dusting them to boost her calcium. She's most likely deficient right now because I had no idea she had eggs this whole time so I didn't give her extra calcium. I'll just make up for what's been lost and hopefully all will go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom