Sylphie's dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a few days it'll be a month since we bought our pair of beardies. At first it was more of my boyfriend wanting them, but now I'm sooo in love with them that I'm sure we'll get more in future.

The more "orange" one is called Dragon Feet (oddball from oddball&citrus pairing) and is a female, the grey one (het. hypo citrus orange leatherback) is Bazyl, male.

After that month I noticed that Dragon Feet is more calm, she's the type that will lay and be petted. I'm not sure if that's because she's more shy and afraid of wandering around, or just more lazy, haha!

LKpH9qh.jpg

9FkokrU.jpg

47QsGyN.jpg

Bazyl on the contrary will sit still for a few minutes but then he'll try to jump around to see everything. Again, not sure if he's afraid and tries to hide from me, or more courageous and just likes to see everything around.

ZHBWKbm.jpg

CbO7MBF.jpg

Eau2Yd4.jpg

And today I decided that every month I'll do a progress pics, because man, they are growing soo fast. Especially the Dragon Feet, I never had reptile growing as fast as her.

qEGs4Fz.jpg

tDqrEys.jpg

(I'm sorry that the first pic is in box, I didn't thought of doing progress pics at the time).

Sylphie

Original Poster
Mushupork, colubrids teeth are the same as beardies, so nothing to worry! Boas and pythons are having them bigger, but most colubrids is exactly the same size. I was biten only 2 times by hatchlings, couse they are more nervous and afraid of everything, my husband was biten once by adult Russian Rat Snake and there were ony super tiny dots on his hand, like a needle dots. He said it didn't hurt even a little couse most of the colubrids if are biting it's super fast, they don't grab and try to constrict, but rather bite and then fly.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Really? I didn't know that! I'm always learning new things on here. :D I've never actually been bitten by a snake, to be honest. I guess a quick bite would hurt a lot less wouldn't it. I'd take a snake bite over a rat bite any day.

Sylphie

Original Poster
Woo-Hoo, it's time for new progress pics of Bazyl and Dragon Feet! Unfortunately the colors are not the best, but well, you can see the size difference, and that's the important part. Dragon Feet is in shed too, so her colors are super dull, I'll post some pics of her when she'll finish.

AMWfxZS.jpg

t98SI5b.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
Monthly update on Basil! She's growing nicely and developed super cute red markings on her chins! I really love her colors too, that white&grey plus her red marking looks super cool.

98Fl1bh.jpg

hHQaNrs.jpg

Telling me it's way too hot to take pics:
dT3Nz4d.jpg

And bad quality but she looks so "dumb" here, haha!
z0uoo3d.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
New monthly update on Bazyl. He started to grow nicely, but normally his colors are lighter. He's still stressed while being outside, so yeah... I'll post new update on our big girl soon too, but she's totally in shed so I'll wait a day or two until she'll be nice and fresh.

mJxrUav.jpg

DA2m18V.jpg

Zv3LM2D.jpg

4dnUIqk.jpg

rCQQJEk.jpg

NxkDSQ6.jpg

ne9s9k8.jpg

sdrzCk3.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
Thank you! :) What calendar do you mean exactly? I'm still new to this site so don't know what's up, haha!

Sylphie

Original Poster
Monthly update Dragon Feet! She no longer fits on my hand <3 Unfortunately both our camera batteries decided to die while I taked pics, so I'll post some more, and better ones tomorrow when we reacharge them. Her colors are really nice, but also hard to catch, a mix of yellow, orange and a tint of green... it's a shame that we are having typical rainy autumn recently as there is not enough light to do a really nice pics.

qUBJUHN.jpg

dOL0Gkg.jpg

3Q3zOiu.jpg

4NAuHqd.jpg

(Excuse the mess, I went to clean her cage and she was sitting soo cool, haha!)

VKnpRAb.jpg

dOEW8Rl.jpg

SySRKsZ.jpg

clNfTMu.jpg

MdHcG5G.jpg

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Mine hangs like that to eat her food sometimes too. It's awesome.

I also enjoyed the snake videos you had posted on there. Your tanks are fantastic.

Sylphie

Original Poster
Spacial Coogs, thank you! <3 Our smallest dragon sleeps on her fake plants right under the "roof" of her tank. I never saw her sleeping on the ground, haha! I guess they like to think that they are big geckos, and even if they will fall once in a while it's nothing to be ashamed of :D

Sylphie

Original Poster
Uhhh, our Dragon Feet was very lazy and sleepy the last 3 weeks, and last weekend she decided that it's winter and went to full brumation mode. She's otherwise looking okay and not losing any weight but I didn't saw her moving since then, she just sleeps all the time. Guess she knows what's best for her, but I really liked our handling sessions :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom