Probiotic yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitenerj

I ordered a probiotic powder and was wondering if it really is beneficial to dust my beardies food when they are not on meds? Does it work well as a daily supplement like calcium and vitamins?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I usually only offer probiotics around antibiotic treatments or if their GI system is showing issues. Once things return to normal I discontinue use and just stick with calcium and multivitamin supplements on bugs. I don't think offering probiotics will be harmful, just not necessary and possibly wasteful as Kingofnobbys suggested. You also want to be careful about which probiotic you're offering. If the label shows it has Enterococcus, I would choose a different option. It is not harmful to dragons but can be harmful to humans so if you come in contact with it or with poop that has it, it has a potential to make you sick if you don't wash your hands thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom