Dusting with calcium. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Im worried im not doing this right.
I have a holding tank which i sprinkle with calcium when the locusts go in. Should i still dust again each day before feeding them to him ie when i take them out of the holding tank or should i not bother to dust the holding tank an just dust the locusts that i feed each day?
Should i dust veg as well?
Im scared of over dosing and under dosing.
Please help.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Also if i feed calci worms daily do i still need to dust the locusts?
I.e say 3 or 4 locusts an the rest worms?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Dusting powders are designed to cling to the insects, you'll want to apply them right before feeding otherwise the dust can fall off or be groomed off by the locust. The dust is intended to make the insect it is applied to a better ratio of calcium to phosphorus, you'll still a good idea to dust the locusts even if you feed the calicworms since the locusts will still be a poor balance.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you. I guess its finding out what works best.

Ive decided today ill get the locusts from the holding tank an dust in a small pot then feed. At least then i know hes getting what he needs.

He gobbled 14 today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom