Tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wanting to attach and use tiles in both my dragons enclosures. I believe there is so many pros to doing this.

However I have a 40 gallon viv for my Pinkie and a 55 gallon aquarium for Curious.

Questions I have are
Any suggestions on what type of tile?
Any suggestion for safe grout to use?

Light weight and durable is my goal, im a carpenter by trade so I'm confident I can do this pretty sleek, kinda want some tips or suggestions before I start this whole project :) it's still on drawing board

ruben0311

Juvie Member
you can do silicone instead of grout... if you do a grout then you need to make sure you are sealing it with water tight sealer so it doesnt remain porous. most people just have the tiles loose to facilitate ease of cleaning and sanitization. I used slate tiles in Fred's tank, with some extras on hand for any accidents that happen where i have to swap out to sanitize, however Fred only poops outside now :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom