Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I still have it and I'll drink the sage and something tea..I forgot the other thing you said.

As for Broly...he's still eating from my hand he likes i put two pieces in his mouth at a time. My aunt and uncle are here so I don't have time to post much. Blood sugar is high like 317 so I have type two (i hate needles so thank god only pricking my fingers) Im taking pills. I gotta stop with sugary foods LOL. Fruits are ok though.

Yeah! Let's start a club! Im actually in an Aspergers meeting type club for Aspie people. I met a few girls but more guys too that have Aspergers. We got to talking and got each other's numbers. two girls are 18 years old and one girl and guy is 21. A lot more high schoolers though. 14-18 years old i talk to them too but don't get numbers unless 18 and up. I did make friends with a 17 year old and hes a good speaker since Im 29 I am not gonna hang out with him...some people think it's weird and Im well "luring" a 17 year old. Got some sick people out there but I don't ever lure kids. I only talk to this kid in group.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":14ixwgb6 said:
Hey,

I still have it and I'll drink the sage and something tea..I forgot the other thing you said.

As for Broly...he's still eating from my hand he likes i put two pieces in his mouth at a time. My aunt and uncle are here so I don't have time to post much. Blood sugar is high like 317 so I have type two (i hate needles so thank god only pricking my fingers) Im taking pills. I gotta stop with sugary foods LOL. Fruits are ok though.

Yeah! Let's start a club! Im actually in an Aspergers meeting type club for Aspie people. I met a few girls but more guys too that have Aspergers. We got to talking and got each other's numbers. two girls are 18 years old and one girl and guy is 21. A lot more high schoolers though. 14-18 years old i talk to them too but don't get numbers unless 18 and up. I did make friends with a 17 year old and hes a good speaker since Im 29 I am not gonna hang out with him...some people think it's weird and Im well "luring" a 17 year old. Got some sick people out there but I don't ever lure kids. I only talk to this kid in group.
As i said before in other posts I have ADHD, anxiety, depression, and PTSD they all make me feel like just hiding under a rock. Those coupled with my partial seizures make people look at me like im a leper. I had one (facial tick and spaced out look) while talking to a lady and she gave me a really mean look then said "well if you dont want to talk to me you dont have to be rude about it!!!" i just shut down because i dont like to talk to people like that or anyone im not comfy with. This is why i prefer animals and plants over most people any day!! I have also had people just come up on my partially blinbd side (peripheral vision is 95% blind) and touch me!!!! I think i would make it out ok in a group of people with your condition because most of the ones here that i have met dont like to be randomly touched either!!
As for the tea it is ginger with sage with a bit of honey (preferably some in the tea and some raw honey eaten by itself) just make sure to use fresh ginger! you can also eat the ginger bits left over from the tea.
As for Broly, I do hope hes getting along well. I do think its cute that he wants daddy to feed him, it shows that you two are bonded well. Draconis is a bit upset because he cant sit on the shoulder he likes because i have staples in that side of my chest from a monitor implant.
You might want to try bitter melon to help with the sugar issues, i had my husband drinking a juice made from it, pineapple, and apples, mostly the melon.It actually helped to bring his sugar down, with the help of his meds of course.......
PS did you knoe they make berdie sized emoji pillows? they are actually key chains but they are stuffy form.
86309-3394019348.jpg
heres draconis with his!! his eldest human sister got it for him and removed the keychain.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Just got back from group. We played games today to get everyone more socialized. Im so bad at socializing I prefer typing (xbox messaging instead of mic). I have a mic attached to a headset lost a few people because I dont talk so they consider rude and log off and also remove me from their list...really???!!! I've tried multiple times to talk on the mic it just doesn't happen I have no voice. Im a good player at least. Yeah, actually you would do good in the group. Some hate being touched others tolerate Im part of the ones that HATE being touched. I don't even like having anything on my lap...it just feels strange. My mom says dont be weird but I can't help it! Broly sits on the same beach chair as me just beside me because I just can't tolerate being touched..of course he can snuggle up he usually doesnt. More adults came into the group they're in their 30s. This group has all ages joining well there isnt anyone younger than 14 joining. We have group supervisors that make sure nothing inappropriate goes on. Some dont get whats ok and what isnt. We feel pretty bad for this one kid hes 15 years old and all he does bang his head against a wall..so he has a supervisor follow him so he doesn't do it. He only does it when stressed out so we try not to stress him. Hes pretty funny and very talkative.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad you're going to group, Kami and it will help you feel more comfortable with being around alot of people, that's a great start. I feel for you both, we all have our hidden disabilities and some not hidden. Those are the one that get reacted to, and it's rude on the other person's part, not you or beardymama. I'm lucky that I don't suffer deep anxiety, but my best friend does. And my ex-daughter in law also & won't think of trying to get better, because there are treatments. Instead my son, who just left her a month ago and is now living with me, with his dog Bella (I love her, she's my grandpuppy and now we spent lots of time together). And my grandchildren, 3 and 22 mo, are over every weekend, living in my small living room. Luckily the weather is good and they can go out. Dad takes care of them while Nanny (me) does the best I can. I have physical issues that don't show, diabetes, osteo arthritis in most joints and fibromyalgia. And they all flared 2 weeks ago, not sure if stress of Eric and kids moving in, other stresses, but I'm unable to manage work right now.

So I have 3 dragons brumating, Cierra joined Nathaniel and Castiel. I even got the boys up for a bath last Sunday and by Sunday night they were sound asleep again. At least Gabriel (who's doing ok) and Imp are still up. Imp is hiding on the balcony, so I'm going to go find him. Time for breakfast, had a very late morning this morning.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I lurk on your thread I read about all of them. Hope Imp is ok and no baddies inside him. I feel for Gabriel. You leave lights off? I usually just do 12 hours in winter and 14 summer. It wouldnt matter, he has a hide so 12 hours works perfectly he wouldnt see the lights. Unfortunately, he's starting to slow down and it's not September yet so today he BM'd and I ran it to the dr. He's clear so he can sleep if he wants. He is 389g as of Thursday so close just need 4g more and we're back to 393g! He's gaining back the 18g he lost. Hopefully I hit 400+g before he sleeps so he's in the safe zone of losing some. Next spring, since he WONT eat as spring fever will hit I'll just give reptaboost every day and no extra supplements as it has all of them plus protien and fats. He'll happily lick that up with no problems refusing it.

I've got a game plan for next year!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good for you, looks like Broly is doing well, though, and the fecal was good, which is wonderful.

I have 3 asleep, Cierra, Nathaniel and Castiel. I'm going to start feeding them water where they're sleeping and hopefully they'll drink while asleep and go back to sleep, see how that does for the winter instead of baths. A few people do it this way, I'll let you know if it keeps them hydrated.

Yes, I know, but Gabriel seems to always be happy, he always has his happy colours on, which is good. We have a vet visit on Monday afternoon because Gabriel's right eye has crusted over and closed. I have to check it today. So that checked plus the aneurysm. I'll let you know. If I lose Gabriel I'm not getting another beardies. Cierra will go to Gabriel's tank, Imp will stay where he is gut get Cierra's tank as it's bigger than Imp's. This way we get the dining room table back and the kids can eat at the table.

I made Leo and Safara pancakes this morning and they both ate two each. Made for my son, too, he's a bit frazzled this am. He's taken them to Langley where they used to live, for hair cuts (Leo and Eric) and visiting Mommy's work, Tara is working p/t) which helps alot. So I won't see them until later, which is great!

I know you follow my thread, just like I follow yours. I might not answer because I'm pressed for time, but I always read your posts.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Saturday and Sunday were pretty boring days but I slept more the weekend. I still got up and fed everyone. September is a busy month we have a comicon and Universal Studios (family vacation with my fiancè) but vet September 8 @9:30am. Vet wants to make sure his body is ok before I leave him with a family friend who will take care of him while in California. Comicon is a day thing so should be back around dinnertime or nighttime. He'll have a squash,sweet potato and endive salad that day...pretty sure he'll just look at it no attempts to eat any because hes spoiled and picky about how food gets in him. He likes "mommy" to gently pull his lips apart and insert the food. Bugs....noooo he'll eat those on his own and he does. He'll take supplements and water through syringe too not just food like salads. Today was cloudy so no window though he made many attempts tomorrow too supposed to be the same says the weather. Rain is coming this week so that's why clouds after that supposedly sunny till the storms set in next month. These storms are NASTY..like rain and high wind power killer kind. Well some of those next month it's how it is when it starts getting cold it's all the same. I have my battery back up for lights charged and ready to go and if I have to after lights out time will take one light off it and plug in my CHE while day lights are off of course.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Broly had his first car ride (without vet visit). We took him on a ride to Safeway of course we didn't go inside just my mom. So we sat in the car listening to 90s music...awesome 90s though I hated elementary school and jr high. Broly was really chill. I thought he'd freak out and BM on me and try to jump around in the car to get away from it though he's inside it. He stayed on me the whole time watching the window. No signs of upsetting behavior he has chill.

Vash HATED car rides!!! Mostly because of vet visits..he always thought he was going 8 out of 10 he was going towards the end health issues. Broly likes it though he's been to the vet multiple times.

Thanks Deb I got things under control now so next year won't be so hard.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Broly BMd today same as usual I just get on with my life unless he prolapses...I've done everything for that stupid urate so I just carry on doing what I can. He doesn't have a problem then I don't. Finally getting sun after a few days of clouds..sucked so much. High @ss humidity yesterday as well I was like really??? WTF?! Stupid rain...65% I was lucky to get it to 49% and no ill effects. Some say 30-50% others say 30-40% so whatever I just go with it.

I weighed him in yesterday and hes 391g 9g away from 400! But 2g from 393g (where we were originally early April). Working on gettin him filled out (he doesn't look it then again...) I have some waxworms he gets 4 at least to fatten him up a bit..was working on weight I didn't realize he still looked thin (not extremely so) I thought he was gonna fill out by 2yo. Maybe hes just a thin type...I give bugs and veggies sooo... :shrugs: Idk.
Anyway, things are good my toenail still growing slow but growing in. Managing my blood sugar much better, replaced my CPAP mask and cleaned out roach/crickets and silkworm bins fresh food and bedding..same goes for the nursery bins. My tarantulas have died :( but still have my scorpion. I have a new pet in the old tarantula tank it's a praying mantis...I bought it didn't take it from the wild. Hes in hide mode so probably no pics as they do tend to hide anyway. Soon if I get my lazy butt up and get pics...not a skilled photographer like some of you guys are. It's weird that Im not very interested in taking photos.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Kami, don't forget, he's only a year old, you'd be amazed how they fill out once they're 2. Imp is starting to gain weight, too, but it's alot of work to get him to eat, darn him.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":xk48pabx said:
Hey,

Broly BMd today same as usual I just get on with my life unless he prolapses...I've done everything for that stupid urate so I just carry on doing what I can. He doesn't have a problem then I don't. Finally getting sun after a few days of clouds..sucked so much. High @ss humidity yesterday as well I was like really??? WTF?! Stupid rain...65% I was lucky to get it to 49% and no ill effects. Some say 30-50% others say 30-40% so whatever I just go with it.

I weighed him in yesterday and hes 391g 9g away from 400! But 2g from 393g (where we were originally early April). Working on gettin him filled out (he doesn't look it then again...) I have some waxworms he gets 4 at least to fatten him up a bit..was working on weight I didn't realize he still looked thin (not extremely so) I thought he was gonna fill out by 2yo. Maybe hes just a thin type...I give bugs and veggies sooo... :shrugs: Idk.
Anyway, things are good my toenail still growing slow but growing in. Managing my blood sugar much better, replaced my CPAP mask and cleaned out roach/crickets and silkworm bins fresh food and bedding..same goes for the nursery bins. My tarantulas have died :( but still have my scorpion. I have a new pet in the old tarantula tank it's a praying mantis...I bought it didn't take it from the wild. Hes in hide mode so probably no pics as they do tend to hide anyway. Soon if I get my lazy butt up and get pics...not a skilled photographer like some of you guys are. It's weird that Im not very interested in taking photos.
You might like getting some mantis pods and watching them hatch, they are the kind you hatch out and keep a few but release the rest as a natural bug control. I plan on getting a few pods to do a project with next spring, and if my husband gets the door enclosure for scaley butt i might attach screen to the side vent and use it as a grow out tank! :D my husband has a bit of a problem with my love of the creepy crawlies and had a bit of a freak out this morning when Draconis dug his claws into his shirt..... Hes ok with him in his lap or on his chest when hes not clinging to him but still freaks a bit over him clinging when hes not expecting it! ehem isnt it us women that are supposed to freak out over the crawlies? i will admit a few times i forgot you were a woman but i cant help it i have had too many women IRL freak out a bit over my choice of non human child.....well some guys freak out over my choice of non human child......when i was a child i was all like "look mama i have earings" and my mom was like "Take those lizards off your ears and put them back outside" and then i would get the ones that clung to me like "NOOOOOOOOO I DONT WANNA GO BACK OUT!!!" Anywho what type of mantis did you get?
Sorry to those that havent read my other posts and are a bit caught off guard about the way i jump subjects, i have ADHD and a few other things going on with my brain that cause me to shift, i try not to but sorry again if it makes yall cringe.....or confused.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BTW broly may just have hard urates due to the weather being hot or just his normal unique self. Draconis has lots of liquid arouns his most of the time, but i learned if hes had that since h ewas a baby and its normal for him not to worry, just keep an eye on it. One day i might take a pic of the size of his urate though, its MASSIVE compaired to the pics of ones i have seen from other dragons his age......:D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Deb: Wow two? Hmm, well thank you for that information! :). I thought he was done filling as hes almost an adult. Still young adult like being 18yo in humans. I thought i did something wrong, relief it's not that.

Beardymama: Im pretty sure it's you, Deb and myself who ever really read this thread. I know how ADHD is..my best friend is has it. She bounces around from one subject to the next I find it to be fascinating. Im used to it. I have a pink banded flower mantis so that's what the container said. Im actually going to get the pods next year as well. Im thinkin it's been natural as I been starting to squeeze urates since July and it became a habit. I never started it when he was younger I assumed soft as it just came out so easy back then. It still does now just seems firm.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":1bf8vvi7 said:
Hey,

Deb: Wow two? Hmm, well thank you for that information! :). I thought he was done filling as hes almost an adult. Still young adult like being 18yo in humans. I thought i did something wrong, relief it's not that.

Beardymama: Im pretty sure it's you, Deb and myself who ever really read this thread. I know how ADHD is..my best friend is has it. She bounces around from one subject to the next I find it to be fascinating. Im used to it. I have a pink banded flower mantis so that's what the container said. Im actually going to get the pods next year as well. Im thinkin it's been natural as I been starting to squeeze urates since July and it became a habit. I never started it when he was younger I assumed soft as it just came out so easy back then. It still does now just seems firm.
I know it might just be us, but i still like to warn people of things so they dont put their foot in their mouth or think its not ok to ask a question and avoid things.....Those Mantids are awesome when full grown!!!!! LOL at the facinating thing i used to annoy some people in HS and the ones that liked me told them "then dont talk to her" i was all like "YAY!!!!" on the inside because i also have anxiety and tend to stutter when nervous or over anxious. :D We are who we are and ill be up front, this is me and if they dont like me please leave me be!!!! BTW Draconis has rubbery urates so they might just have individual poop types like we do? :)

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom