My baby beardie hates me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good you will be changing to carpet, so much safer.

Could you fill us in on the type of thermometer you're using?

The wattage of the basking bulb should be printed right on the base of the bulb.

GalaxySiren

Original Poster
The bulb I got hasn't been shipped my bf got me this may geo bulb that is 160 I'm scared to put it in and right now the thermometer I use is the one that came with my kit! I popped it in with the new bulb and it said 120! I had it right under the bulb so could that be why? At his basking area it says 105

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
105 would be fine at the basking area if the therm is accurate. Sounds like he has a good appetite. Still no uvb though?

GalaxySiren

Original Poster
The one I have is uvb/uva and basking . It's the nat geo one. I'm hoping it holds until his new one arrives so far he seems to love it he seems happier but still flinches when I'm near him, I did some cleaning in the tank today so he can get used to my horrible hands

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
You can see if he will take food from your hands. Then he associates you with good things.

When he gets sleepy you could try stroking him or seeing if he's interested in some cuddles.

Adding my two cents for only a penny :)

Don't feel like your Dragon hates you! Hate is such am extreme term....

Honestly my big guy Curious was kinda of a jerk toward my GF he would run from her, and hiss and black beard, and look at her like she had one eyr ball and 12 toes.. in his defense he put up a good fight however I also very proud of Manda for sticking to her love of animals and not giving up :)

She would slowly build it up spend a few mins or so just trying to pet him then wait abit, try hand feeding him some worms which to my amazement she even touched, but he'd come grab his nibbles and then back off... and she try again to just pet him and then when petting he was happy they both worked on handling.

I'm kinda of a no choice I love you kinda style and I found it works well also, Curious I find is little restless when I handle him at times I use the
Hand over hand never ending run way approach and he comes to result well... I'm being held so I might as well enjoy it and he relaxed and kinda just goes into a coma mode ( works great when I kinda wanna help his shed in those hard to shed places)

Pinkie on the other hand is restless until I find a treat or a very bright light to sit under.... even when handling him. He loves his basking light so he tends to wanna climb back toward it. I turn on my lamp and sit under it tho and his totally fine

Don't be discouraged or overwhelmed by dragons they r kinda of a dragon to dragon basis and take alot of joy in learning their behaviour and don't be shy of being highly involved in their lives as much as they involve themselves in yours...
Lol Im a huge fan of saying
Anything to improve my pets life will im prove my own.

GalaxySiren

Original Poster
He hates when k hold him he's always running trying to dive off my bed lol I too touch worms for him and he reduses to eat them, though I think he might not like calcium that much either. I think he might dislike everything but he's so cute and will keep trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom