Eggs - are they ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjones

Here are images of the eggs that were laid ten days ago. She laid 17 eggs. Its the first time I looked and photographed them since i put them in incubator. What do you think?, do they look viable? One of the eggs seems to have a dark mark on it which I have marked. Is that anything? I am unable to torch them as do not have suitable item.

http://imgur.com/a/eUPyX

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jason, if she was mated they probably are....you can get a small pen light from Walmart for probably less than $10 to candle them and you'll know for sure. And it would be good to set the eggs part way [ about 1/3 ] in the vermiculite/sand to help them stay hydrated. One of your eggs is sitting on another, it should be moved...you might use your finger to put an indentation in the substrate for each egg, then VERY gently set them in, being careful to keep them in the same position that they are individually in. The one that is sitting on the other can be kept in the same position by pressing in the vermiculite a bit deeper on one end where you set the egg to recreate the position that it's sitting .

jasonjones

Original Poster
AHBD":30kcz1qh said:
Hi Jason, if she was mated they probably are....you can get a small pen light from Walmart for probably less than $10 to candle them and you'll know for sure. And it would be good to set the eggs part way [ about 1/3 ] in the vermiculite/sand to help them stay hydrated. One of your eggs is sitting on another, it should be moved...you might use your finger to put an indentation in the substrate for each egg, then VERY gently set them in, being careful to keep them in the same position that they are individually in. The one that is sitting on the other can be kept in the same position by pressing in the vermiculite a bit deeper on one end where you set the egg to recreate the position that it's sitting .

Full story here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=226593

I am in the uk
the two eggs together and glued! together, did not want to force them apart
is the small dark patch the yolk going bad or is it the start of an embreo growing? its only 10 days so seems a bit early for that onsidering it takes 80 days

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I had a few stuck together years ago, they pull apart with no problem but I did it right after they were laid. And the eggs take an average of 60 days, not usually 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom