Poor dragon on craiglist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just hope the shelter will do something. They did remove the post off craigslist. I think they might have been getting nasty respones because when I asked them if they still had her because I noticed their post was gone they text back yes and she is in great health. Is it possible that they really think she is healthy?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she's moving and somewhat alert they may think she's healthy. A lot of folks don't put much time into understanding their pets unfortunately, and dragons are tougher to understand than dogs are without doing some homework. She looks obviously pretty sick to us but that may not be as apparent to someone who doesn't focus on dragons every day. I try to think that most people wouldn't be that blatantly abusive and cruel.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Of cause they will tell anyone who might be interested in taking her / buying her ,that she's happy and healthly, if they tell the truth (which they would have be cretins not to know) there would be no takers and likely visits from animal welfare (who ever the equivalent to the RSPCA is over there they will have the reptile confiscated , and find themselves in trouble legally and like cop some expensive fines).

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
She looks so much like my Evee did when I first got her. Evee has almost no muscle because of her neglect. Funny sidebar - she's getting a bit of a tummy on her as she is eating well now and gaining so she looks gravid but isn't lol...she poops and the belly goes down ?

I really hope someone can save this baby. Wish I was closer...(though I am sure hubby would kill me).

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So I never got a response from the animal shelter in Puyallup. I did send another mesh. but got no response. I feel I have let this poor dragon down. I can only hope someone experienced will rescue her. :(

scorpius

Poor little thing , I hope someone buys her so she can get a good home and proper care.

That's why I detest reptile flippers , it's all about what they can get in money for the animals and their supplies and nothing goes into their well being and care.

Many of these individuals or so called rescues are nothing but cash hungry , greedy , monsters , there are good people as well so it is up to you to determine a safe future home for your little friend if you need to rehome.

People who need to let go of their pets have to do their homework & should know who they are giving them to , do research and ask questions ,

your pets deserve that

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am heart broken. I saw this poor dragon is back on Craiglist. I can't find any help. The animal control didn't do anything. I can only hope someone helps her.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
SpacialCoogs":102mez4h said:
Oh nooooo. Is it in any better shape or still just as emaciated?
I looked it up and it said they are moving . They used the same pic that we saw at the beginning of this thread. Just to bad they didn't post a number to reach them. I could really give them what for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom