Bearded dragon next to snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kizzylilfgt

So I have a bearded dragon in a vivarium next to my snakes vivarium. Whenever I get my snakes out my bearded dragon comes straight to the glass. I know they can sense each other. My snakes has also been A LOT more active since I've got my bearded dragon. I'm not sure if it Cus of him or not.

I was just wondering if they my bearded dragon is gonna be fine next to my snakes.
This is probably a really dumb question but I'm paranoid.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
They are probably reacting to the new movement and or smells. There's someone on here who breeds snakes and has beardies, she could probably give you some advice.

You could put a barrier between the tanks, and I'd definitely keep them apart :p

Sylphie

I'm having all my reptiles together in one viv-rack system. There is 3 beardies, one crestie and around 20 snakes and they all are totally fine. They will calm down after a few days, it's just the new smells and "that weird thing that moves on your hands" that makes them more active than normally :) After few days it will be no longer as interesting and after a week they will probably think that it was always like this and it's totally normal that there is a beardie/snake on your hands/in the same room. Just make sure that if you are keeping their vivs side to side that there is something between them (cardboard or just a sheet of paper) so that they will not see each other all the time/try to hunt each other through the glass and stress themselves.

Sylphie

No problem :) When I see "snakes" in the thread topic I must click and see what's in there, hahaha! :D

Kizzy, if you are having any specific questions feel free to ask!

magpieandstuff

Hatchling Member
I have a bearded dragon and two crested geckos. When I got my geckos my beardie was extremely interested in them. He would sit on my bed and just stare into their tanks, but after watching them for a couple of weeks he lost interest. I would think your animals would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom