Does this look ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
That looks like a nice enclosure.

He might appreciate something soft to snuggle or burrow in. You could make a little kleenex box full of a cut up blanket or soft towel and see if he likes it. Some dragons will dig in it.

What is your temp range? And is there a spot that's fully enclosed so he can hide away if he wants? I think there is but it's hard to tell from this angle.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yup he has a cave well 2 caves an a long puece of cork he xan get under. He has a lovely vest top at night ro snuggle up to that he sleeps on all night.
Is it ok to leave it in during the day as well?

Temps at mo are basking spot 36.2 an cool side is saying 31. Weather here is soo hot. I keep ooening his glass to try cool it down. Its only been dropping to 27 at night.
I know cool side should be 21 ish right?
Not sure how to get it to go lower.
I had to lower the watt of the basking bulb because temp was up to 40c with 100w bulb. I swapped for a 50w.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Aww, super cute.

You can leave the vest in there and if he wants to use it he can. If he gets too hot he'll move to the cool side of the enclosure.

I like to keep my cool side between 18-20 at night but mine is an adult as a baby it needs a little more heat. But I also have a CHE in case she needs it by her hammock. If you can get a dimmer option for your light you can adjust the temps without having to replace bulbs. I find it quite useful between summer and winter as I can adjust to the weather if I need to.

Proper Temperatures for a Baby Bearded Dragon
Temperature Areas Ideal Temperature Range
Basking Area 95°F - 110°F (35-40 celsius)
Cool-down Area 80°F - 90°F (26-32 celsius)
Night - 70 F° to 75 F°(21-23 celsius)

Would a fan work to cool the little guy? or an ice pack in a tupperware container?

With that heat you also need to make sure it's getting proper moisture. Offer water everyday and the ever popular baths.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Awww thank you for the reply. The temps seem to be matching up well. Apart from the night time 1 as its been so hot here. Early morning 6am theyre reading 26c. He seems ok though.

He had his 1st bath today. Was so cute. He loved it
If i knew how to post a video id show every1 lol ?

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
88016-9882529536.jpg
Ive added some greenery. Looks ok i think. These plants arnt a fire risk are they? Under those lights?

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
88016-7494683321.jpg
This is his favourite place. He sleeps in here at night too.
Hes in the cool side a lot. Is that ok?

Ive never seen him put himself on the basking spot. I usually put him there. He does stay until he gapes then he moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom