New petsmart beardie sick?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's a cutie and he still looks pretty healthy. :) If he hangs out on top of his basking log he'll probably get a decent amount of uvb there, but it will still help to take him out unless it stresses him too much.

AmberH

Original Poster
We just got back in from taking my dog for about a 15 min walk and so I let him sit on my shoulder and he loved it. He kept following the sun lol. I brought him back in and offered him droplets of water off my spray bottle and he gobbled it right up till he was ready to stop. He is definitely still active and full of personality skittering across my floor. I will just have to make sure he poops. If he doesn't are there any tips and tricks from you guys to clear the impaction from the mealworms? I know about prune juice/ prune baby food and olive oil along with a warm bath but anything extra would be great.

AmberH

Original Poster
He just ate two wax worms. one right out of my hand! I know they are only for treats but he hasn't eaten too much in the last few days and I am excited that he is comfy enough to hand feed! He would probably have more if I let him. So excited! I really hope he enjoys the reptiworms because keeping baby crickets smells to high heaven.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He will probably love the Reptiworms, most babies do. I'm surprised that your baby crickets smell, unless they are getting hot in transit and then start dying on you. My baby crix never stank unless they died.

And your dragon is not necessarily impacted .....if he's eating very little there won't be much for him to excrete.

AmberH

Original Poster
Okay awesome. Yeah they die pretty quick since it's pretty hot where I live even though I keep them in the air conditioning

AmberH

Original Poster
Reptiworms are a hit! He gobbles them up really well! His belly is full and he is one happy Beardie. Thank you all so much for all the help!!

AmberH

Original Poster
Hey guys! My beardie has been doing great with all the changes I made! I went back to crickets though because he seemed to love them more than the worms. I have just noticed something strange however and I'm not sure what is happening. I was watching my beardie just now after giving him a bath and putting him back under his basking light and he seemed to be trying to poop. I watched for a bit and he seemed to be straining and all that came out was a bit of liquidy blood! I have pictures I will post but I was wondering if you could help me yet again!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to have missed that last post Amber, how is he doing ? Hopefully it was just impaction and he was struggling to get the poo out. Anyway, post an update when you can.

Beardielove, there's no sense in telling people who already have a pet store beardie to" NEVER' get one from there. They already have, and some turn out very healthy. Some pet stores are better than others, it's what you see when you go in.

AmberH

Original Poster
Yes I'm very aware of how awful chain pet stores are thank you for your input. He is actually doing very well now. I just recently moved into college and home is about 30 mins away but my dad is taking great care of him and says he is still gobbling up food! I've visited twice and his poos seem fine now and he was shedding which means he's growing! I'll post an update if it happens again but thank you so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom