YELLOW FUNGUS?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE HELP! Recently I have noticed my new bearded dragon has tons of yellow scales!! Her leg, her belly and a patch near one of her hind legs are all yellow! She twitches her front leg I think that is the worst part and she is also missing a toe and a few scales are missing on another. It also seems like she's had some shedding issues in the past.
I'd show pictures but I don't know how.

Stormthebeardie1

Original Poster
This is my beardie. I'd say she pretty active and alert.
88213-6635202868.jpg
But look at her foot and leg!! Especially if you compare it to the other foot.
88213-3082873267.jpg
This patch is also yellow.
88213-1391369691.jpg
And almost completely covered her belly with yellow scales and a brown spot that looks like there is no scales.
88213-5996330827.jpg
I'm just super worried!!! Please help! Thank you!

To me it does look a little like yellow fungus but im not really sure. I'd take her/him to the vets before what ever your fatty (I call all of them fat) has gets worse.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Was her belly plain white , then this developed or was there color on her belly before ? I agree that it looks like probably Y.F, but I did have a red female dragon years ago that also had an orangy red belly. Some of her offspring had it as well. I used to have several pics of this guy's belly [ one of her sons ] but could only find this one that just shows mostly his beard + upper chest. Just in the slight chance that yours is color. But I agree that as long as she's not suffering let her live but once she's suffering it would be the kindest thing to euthanize.

Here's the pic
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29938/full

Stormthebeardie1

Original Poster
Well I haven't had her that long and she came with the yellow scales and she was also a rescue and I didn't know her history. And if it is yellow fungus then when the time comes she'll have to be put to sleep.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does possibly look like yellow fungus, but, I would recommend taking her to vet so that they can do a skin culture to be sure.
In the meantime, to be proactive, you can get some betadine & dilute it to look like weak tea to bathe her in to get her skin really clean. Then, use lamisil or monistat cream on the areas to try & help get some treatment started in case that is what it is.
Also, you can start her on some probiotics to help balance out her system, too.
She looks like a happy dragon though!
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Stormthebeardie1":1qk6155l said:
Well I haven't had her that long and she came with the yellow scales and she was also a rescue and I didn't know her history. And if it is yellow fungus then when the time comes she'll have to be put to sleep.

also i see its a little weird on the side where the what we think is yellow fungus. so yea do what the others are saying. i not medically knowledgeable about beardies but i still like to give out tips and support

Stormthebeardie1

Original Poster
Sorry it's late but it's a long recovery. So we took Storm to the vets and they said that she had lots of layers of unshed skin and for weeks we have been bathing her. She also had worms and we treated her for that. They then gave us painkillers as there were wounds under the skin and 2 toes and 2 nails were coming off and iodine to clean them. Up to now the vets gave us the opportunity to check for any fungal infections which they were sure she had so we did. We are now waiting for the results which can take a while.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Thanks for the update...I hope there will be good news, but it does look like a fungal proble. Best wishes to your girl Storm !

Stormthebeardie1

Original Poster
I thought I might let you know that it is yellow fungus. But the treatment the vets gave us isn't working. It's also spread to her eyes and lips which isn't good. ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that it is Y.F for sure. It is very hard to treat and usually fatal. What treatment has the vet prescribed ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear this as well. Did the vet prescribe Voriconizole? That has been successful in some cases. You might try combining that with a topical anti-fungal or some F10SC mixed at 1:250 concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom