Possible broken/dislocate limb

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancisKR

hey Guys, yesterday afternoon I found a bearded dragon after a car had gone over him. I noticed the car had gone directly over him. no tires just in the middle. he has a small laceration to the head just above his left eye. however that isn't my main worry because he could still fend for him self. (might have concussion and am taking him to the vet today). his leg isn't retracting back in. he seems to be most comfy when it is out straight. I'd just like to know if there is anything I can do for him in the mean time. obviously can't give him human painkillers but I'm wondering what will take a bit of pressure/stress off both physically and mentally. this is day two/my first morning with him so help asap would he greatly appreciated!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Geez, where on earth did you find him, did someone dump him off? How sad, the poor thing, he must have been so scared!
Basically all you can do is keep him as stress free as possible. Keep the basking area low to where he virtually doesn't have to climb to bask & warm up. I would also keep him warmer overnight too just for helping his immune system.
As far as pain killers, there really isn't anything natural that I can think of. For the laceration on his head you can get some raw unpasteurized honey or manuka honey to put on it to keep it from getting infected. Do you have any pictures of him?
Can he support himself at all? How did the vet visit go today?

Tracie

FrancisKR

Original Poster
thanks for the reply Tracie. I found her (found out it was a female today) in the middle of the road. she was alive and happy then I witnessed a car coming the opposite way so I tried my hardest to stop them but nothing could be done. I will be sure to upload a photo in the morning when she wakes up. she has two lumps on her tummy. I think she might even be pregnant. the vet wasn't open unfortunately. but I had a close friend have a look at her and this is the info I have on her so far. (the above) she can move yes, but she gets comfy real easy. when I pick her up to move her she even burrows her head into my chest and arms and stays that way. even when I try putting her back she tries to cling on. truly heart breaking

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, that must have been a horrible sight to see.
How is she doing today? So you think she might be pregnant also?
It sounds like she has bonded with you pretty nicely, you are her saviour. Does she have much of an appetite right now?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom