Really nifty to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two beardies that recently had to become roommates, separate tanks of course :)
Before we had their enclosures in different rooms and they pretty much only met in passing occasionally while the tanks were being washed.

Although after our move to a new place about 6 months ago. The room they share now has brought totally new life their relationship, although their tanks are separate they can see eachother. They constantly Head Bob back and forth, or arm waving is a regular between them. Some concern is they do have moments that they get rather excited and will glass surf, I have at times put a separation between where they can see eachother but I think should be unneeded. My hope is that they don't become aggressive in anyway, not much has changed with them other wise behaviour wise we tried to make the move as smooth as possible for them.

Question I do have is that I have heard mixed things on beardies sharing a room or more so LOS, do beardies need to be totally solitude? Or can they enjoy a life with a fellow roommate acoss the wall?

Gail

BD.org Addict
As long as they aren't so stressed that they stop eating then they should be ok in the same room. Breeders keep their dragon all in one room with no issues.
The big test will be next spring when breeding season is in full swing, hormones could change things. Do you know their genders? If you have a male and female, the male could become so focused on the girl that he stops eating and constantly tries to escape, possible getting nose rub in the process.

CURIOUSpinkie

Original Poster
We are currently in the process of getting their checkup done here soon before it snows, they were both way too young to find a gender the last time.

As for nose rub I'm not too worried about right now, they don't glass surf too much unless they see the crickets or worms coming :) or if the kids being little too loud i have found a good petting and or a walk around the house holding them calms them down.

I keep the separate at all times, tho sharing the one room is going to be an adventure as u mentioned before things change as they progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom