Tengu's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

So, now my BD is 16 months old and she is at 42cm long and 355g. We believe she is fully grown and would like some advice on feeding.

Currently she gets fresh salad every day and 20 L size crickets once a day. Should we now start decreasing the amount of crickets? She LOVES them of course and salad is like a "Do I have to eat it?"

So any advice at the age she is at etc?

Thank you in advance

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you very much

Here animals are given the same ceremony as humans. Everyday we will light a candle and pray for her.

I hope to give my next beardie a great, comfortable, happy LONG life.

I appreciate all your kind words during this difficult time

Thank you

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That is a beautiful tribute to your wonderful Princess Tengu, David, and the grief is real. Because she wasn't showing as sick, it's an even bigger shock because you knew something was wrong, but not enough to kill her. It's very new and you were very close. It's normal for you to feel this awful grief but because I've been there, grief, guilt, if only I'd done something differently. Just remember that dragons hide internal things wrong with them for a long time. When we finally realize something is very wrong, sometimes it's too late. You have a very loving relationship with her, became best friends, opened your hearts to each other, it's to be expected that you feel this intense grief. It will turn itself into memories in your heart eventually. You need to grieve for her and that also plays tribute to how much you loved her.

When you get your next beardie, you know which vet to take him/her to be checked out. You have so much experience with beardies now, thanks to Princess Tengu, that your next beardie will do well with what she taught you.

My heart is also broken, David, I would never have expected this to happen to her. I'm glad shes having a true Japanese funeral, you'll know you did everything for her.

I'm here if you need me, David. RIP sweet Princess Tengu, you're at peace now without pain. :love5:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you very much for your kind words.

So today I got the white beardie.............

I just couldnt bear it without one :( Never a replacement for Tengu as she was just the queen.

I wanted to ask you if you would like to start a new post like this but entitled "Shiro's great adventures"

He or she is watching me now. Straight away jumped onto hammock and took baby dubia from my hand. I think its a cheeky one!! I took a picture (of course)

Stand by!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You can start your own, also in Beardie Tales but with that Subject. Just go to Beardie Tales and in the upper top left you'll see a box that has New Topic in it. Press that and you'll have a new topic with Subject being Shiro's Great Adventures. And I can close this thread if you want. And there is a memorial area where I have memorials for alot of my dragons...

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did it :)

Thank you

Yes please do close this thread and put it in the memorial area.

I appreciate that.

I just introduced Shiro on the new thread :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No-one can open a thread in the memorial except you. This thread stays here, can't move it there and you can put together a memorial & send me the link so I can see it, too. You're the only one who can add comments, pictures, but no-one else can do anything but look at it. I like that it's that way, even afterwards, I've added more pictures as I found them.

I'm glad you have your new baby to help you get through this time. I've never been able to have an empty tank, have to fill it as soon as possible. But when Gabriel passes, I'm not getting another. I'm reclaiming my dining room table so we all have a place to eat. Less mess with the kids that way. Imp stay where he is but get a bigger tank (Cierra's) and Cierra will move in beside Nathaniel, so she has a good view of the living room. Imp has always been behind the couch, so he doesn't know anything different. Cierra likes to be in the middle of things, always.

I'll go look for your new thread.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear of your girl, Tengu's passing & so suddenly like that. :cry:
That is horribly devastating because you had not time to prepare, she was just gone. It sounds like you had a beautiful tribute to her. She is never gone though & will remain with you forever.
You can make a memorial for her in our "Memorial" forum too if you would like.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Tracie

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you for your kind words

Yes it was so sudden, too sudden. I still have trouble excepting it as it was just one minute happy dragon, next minute she threw up, went to vet (useless) found great vet and they tried everything but a few days later she died from kidney failure.

Now I have Shiro and she's tiny and weighs 6g!!!

This morning was the first time she let me hold her which was lovely. Feel free to join in the "Shiro's great adventures"

Thanks again :)

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I forgot to ask.

Will you move this thread to memorial or did you mean I should move it? I have looked about and I cant seem to find how to move it so I guess only moderators can.

If you get a minute, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I can only move this to active sites. The memorial site is inactive, only you can post there. I can lock this thread but that's all I can do.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Great thank you.

How do I move it?

And yes please you can lock it down

Thank you so much for everything about, Tengu. It was a big shock as we know but she will be forever in our hearts.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You can't move it, David, if you don't want it here anymore, you don't want access, I can move it to an area that's not accessible. For now I locked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom