Hard Spot in Belly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
I took Hemingway out of his cage not too long ago and discovered a hard spot on the very left side of his belly. It seems to start out pretty small up by his chest and get bigger and it goes down his belly and stop maybe 1-2 inches before his vent. He pooped yesterday in his bath and it was green and a little loose but he was acting fine. He's been eating lots of veggies the past few days so I blame the color on that. He ate a little bit of a scrambled egg this morning since he hasn't eaten live food in about 2 days because my roaches come in tomorrow. He's acting fairly normal and alert except he isn't running around my bed as much as he usually does but I may be reading too much into that. He ate the scrambled eggs without hesitation. As I was feeling his belly it didn't seem to bother him so it isn't painful or anything and he isn't dark or showing a black beard or tail. I'm going to put him in the bath and see if maybe it is some backed up poop. Should I not feed him until it goes away? His belly seems pretty full but I blamed it on the fact that he had just eaten. This wasn't there yesterday night because in the bath I always massage his belly as he really enjoys it.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As soon as I finished writing, he tried pushing but nothing came out so now Im definitely assuming its poop. I just put him in a warm bath and he immediately pooped but the hard spot is still there.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Are you sure Gonzo is a boy? Sometimes you can feel the eggs of females when they're gravid.

Is it cylindrical or continuous? Or lumps? I had a beardie with a lump and it was a tumor, so I am overly cautious when it comes to lumps.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think you may have gotten my post mixed up with another haha :D but to answer your question, yes I'm pretty much 100% sure that Hemingway is a boy. I've sexed him many times with a flashlight and can pretty clearly see testicles and I also recently brought him with me to a friends house who has a male and a female and he just couldn't stop head bobbing and black bearding at her! He's also only 8 months old so I'm assuming that if he was a girl he would be too young to be gravid? This is my first beardie and as much as I'd like to think I know a lot, I probably don't :D

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's also definitely continuous, before it started up by his chest and felt almost like a log that went down to about 1-2 inches above his vent. Then, he pooped and it seemed to move a bit lower.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Im still very concerned. If it is just poo, how long should I wait for it to come out. And should I give him something to help him get it out?

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
If he seems fine, and is eating then those are good signs. The fact that it's moving is a good sign.

I'd monitor it for a few days, he seems to be pooping so it might resolve itself. If it gets bigger or if he stops eating then I'd be concerned and take him to the vet.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright, thanks a bunch! He's been basking all day and it seems to be getting smaller so I have high hopes that its poop and that it'll come out. I will monitor him for the rest of the week and if anything seems to get worse I'll definitely see if I can call a vet and set something up but by the looks of it, its just poop and I was just a bit paranoid :D I've only had him for about 6 months so I'm definitely very new at this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom