Please help my beardie is unresponsive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some one please help me my beardie is almost a year old I rescued him about 4 months ago and his health has improved dramatically, he has been a happy active beardie in my eyes, today I came home from work my girlfriend placed him in the sun around noon like always and fed him some crickets, when I came home at 5 he was sleeping on his cage witch is not normal for him at this time, his beard was completely black, darker then I have ever seen on him befor, I freaked out so I picked up and he was completely unresponsive, and did not open his eyes, I thought he had passed, Immediately I placed him in warm water like I do for his bath, and I got a response he opened his eyes and licked a bit of his water, I them wrapped him up and keeping him warm, I tryed to place him in warm water witch seemed to slightly wake him up then he pooped blood which I have never seen befor, he then went back to sleep so I placed a warming lamp to keep him warm about 80 degrees and he woke up stuck his tounge out, shook his head and vomited a little yellowish substance. He was just fine this morning bright and active like always, I have a feeling he might of ate his poop that was in his tank since I seen a trace but could not find all of it, can some one tell me what might be happening?

Oh no!OK so i dont know a hole lot about pooping blood and vomiting but try to get him to the vet ASAP!!I really hope he gets better soon!Please give me updates!

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I agree I would get him to the vet. Blood is never a good sign and it's always best to have a licensed professional give an exam during these matters. Hope he feels better soon keep us updated

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry to hear your boy isn't doing well. It seems like a sudden instance, too.
If he had blood in his stool & vomited later, I definitely think he should see a vet.
Does he normally eat crickets? If so, were they too large for him to digest?
Blood in the stool can indicate a heavy load of worms/parasites so I recommend getting a fecal done on him, too. It could be liver related also, but he would need a blood test to determine that for sure.
Is his beard still black or has it subsided now?
How is he doing this evening?

Tracie

Mybeardiejeff

Original Poster
Thank you, I have drove around all day to find a reptile vet it's crazy how there isn't one in a 3 city ratios, I finally found one about a hour away and I won't have him seen till Monday, I made a visit to a shaman we both prayed and spreded good energy, he just now pooped again which was very solid and big but now his butt is boldging out and I can tell hurts him I soaked him again in warm water and he squirms like he wants to continue but nothing is coming out, I believe it could be some impaction I'm just trying to comfort him and keep close attention.

Mybeardiejeff

Original Poster
He loves crickets and from time to time I can get him to eat his greens, I usually will carry him with me when I go to buy crickets from are local pet shop and other beardie owners would recommend larger crickets due to his size and space between his eyes, so I would do so and haven't came across any problems during the time I have had him, do you think if he consumed his poop that it could cause him to get sick, it was strange I could not find his droppings left behind today only but a small trace of his white urine.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't think eating his stool would cause a bloody stool that quickly though.
Are you sure the crickets were not too big? To avoid impaction, they should be smaller than the space between his eyes. If his vent area is swollen, it does sound like he has some type of impaction or blockage going on.
Can you think of anything else he could have ingested to be causing this?

Tracie

Mybeardiejeff

Original Poster
I rushed him this morning to the vet he was hanging on, he had just passed unfortunately, I loved him so much and I believe I did everything I possibly could to give him a great life, the vet is not going to take samples and I will give a update, thank you for your concern I appreciate it very much

Mybeardiejeff

Original Poster
the vet is going to run a test on his poop it's crazy how fast he went, I believe it had somthing to do with the change of crickets or him eating his poop, he's gone but I will never forget the lessons he has taught me

MsCarter

Juvie Member
:( I am so very sorry for your loss. Yes it does sound like he was very loved. to drive around looking for a vet all day and than visit a shaman shows how dedicated you were to him and I'm sure he picked up on your loving energy. Thankfully you gave him a loving home while he was here that's more than a lot of beardies will ever have.

Mybeardiejeff

Original Poster
MsCarter":2056jtvg said:
:( I am so very sorry for your loss. Yes it does sound like he was very loved. to drive around looking for a vet all day and than visit a shaman shows how dedicated you were to him and I'm sure he picked up on your loving energy. Thankfully you gave him a loving home while he was here that's more than a lot of beardies will ever have.

Thank you very much that makes feel better, All I wanted was for him to be happy

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear your boy passed on. :cry: He was very much loved & at least he was not alone when he passed. I know how devastating it is to lose one. We are all here for you & he will always be with you..

Tracie

You rescued him. Thats a great thing. If they pass away in your hands it means they have had the best bit of life with you. You were kind enough to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom