slightly swollen eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail

BD.org Addict
You will probably need to lower the basking spot, its likely to get too hot that close and he could get a burn. A nice rock would be good, his stick is a bit too small.
His right pad might be a little sunken but its hard to tell with his coloring. Just make sure he stays hydrated. Silkworms and hornworms are a great way to get extra water into them. If thats not a option, I've taken a insulin needle and injected superworms with water. works pretty good but can be a bit messy.

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Gail":2vcvll4z said:
You will probably need to lower the basking spot, its likely to get too hot that close and he could get a burn. A nice rock would be good, his stick is a bit too small.
His right pad might be a little sunken but its hard to tell with his coloring. Just make sure he stays hydrated. Silkworms and hornworms are a great way to get extra water into them. If thats not a option, I've taken a insulin needle and injected superworms with water. works pretty good but can be a bit messy.

Thanks Gail
I've put a large rock there now and he's climbed straight up, we've just been outside as today is a lovely day, I'm going to take him out later once he's been fed. When we were outside he had a poo which is unusual for him as he only tends to poo in the bath. When we first got him he did poo in his cage but after a week of him moving here he stopped and would only poo in the bath. He had a bath also this morning but no poo so I assumed he just did need one. His poo itself looks perfectly fine in consistency but it had a lot of luquid surrounding it. I'll post a picture. It's never usually like this, should I be worried or is it normal
88176-139458390.jpg

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Gail":30zwnf5h said:
Looks perfectly fine. There can be a lot of liquid like that when they are extra hydrated or had a nice big drink.

Thanks,
just people were saying he looked dehydrated due to his pads looking slightly sunken so it had me a bit worried

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Hi guys,
As you know the new basking bulb came today but he hasn't basked all day apart from once. I don't know if its too warm for him, although I don't believe it's much hotter, I can't find my thermometer to actually check :banghead: I've just my hand just under it and its only a little bit warmer than the CHE I was using. Could it be because I've moved his stick, its at the other side of the tank now and he's currently laid on that. I think I already know the answer to this but I'm going to ask anyway. Could I possibly use an LED bulb instead of this halogen bulb and just use the CHE for heat? I think he was used to those temps and now its a bit too warm for him. Obviously LEDs produce no excess heat so it wouldn't become to warm. Was just a thought

Gail

BD.org Addict
Find your thermometer and check the temps, your hand is not a good way to check. He could be a bit stressed from you moving stuff around in his cage, they can be pretty picky about a change in routine. You might even remove the stick until he learns his new basking area, right now he associates the stick with being warm.

Honestly, once you know the temps are right, I would just give him some time to get used to the new light and set up.

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Gail":1nnot0ta said:
Find your thermometer and check the temps, your hand is not a good way to check. He could be a bit stressed from you moving stuff around in his cage, they can be pretty picky about a change in routine. You might even remove the stick until he learns his new basking area, right now he associates the stick with being warm.

Honestly, once you know the temps are right, I would just give him some time to get used to the new light and set up.

I can't find it so I've ordered a new one, should come within the next few days or so

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad you ordered a new thermometer. What kind did you purchase?
How is his eye looking now, has it improved a lot?
The stool looked fine to me. It's completely normal for them to have excess liquid excreted like that if they are hydrated, or have had a drink or watery food, etc. Sometimes the pads will fluctuate according to what they eat, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom