YELLOW COLOUR UNDERNEATH BEARDED DRAGON BEARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently the past 2 days I have noticed a yellow underneath my bearded dragons beard and a little on his chest aswell. I've read about yellow fungus so I'm hoping it's not this and there is no wounds or cracks? I have uploaded a picture and would like some opinions! Many thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like natural yellow color coming through. It doesn't look like anything to be concerned with and when they show bright colors like that it usually means they're pretty happy.

Libbyrhiann

Original Poster
AHBD":224z4rvi said:
Hi Libby....he's developing natural color there. I've had many beardies with varying degrees of yellow in the beard. :)
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30042/full

Oh wow That's so good to hear I've been worried to death all night I've even just woken him up to double
Check, which he was very unhappy about! very glad it's nothing to worry about! it's because he's very bright orange and I noticed the yellow got a little worried - especially with everything that went on with my last Beardie!
Thanks for the advice!!!

Hobskibble

As beardies mature they can begin to develop yellow or orangish colors on their, depending on the individual Dragon, on their beards along with black speckles and stripes that are permanent and unaffected by stress level. It seems that is the case with your dragon, how old is he? Also do you know if it is a he? Anyway I don't think you need to worry as I am almost completely certain its just natural colors popping up with age.

Libbyrhiann

Original Poster
Hobskibble":mmg066gx said:
As beardies mature they can begin to develop yellow or orangish colors on their, depending on the individual Dragon, on their beards along with black speckles and stripes that are permanent and unaffected by stress level. It seems that is the case with your dragon, how old is he? Also do you know if it is a he? Anyway I don't think you need to worry as I am almost completely certain its just natural colors popping up with age.

Yes I'm sure it's a he, and he is 22 weeks old!
Many thanks for the advice!

Libbyrhiann

Original Poster
CooperDragon":31j5nryf said:
That looks like natural yellow color coming through. It doesn't look like anything to be concerned with and when they show bright colors like that it usually means they're pretty happy.

Thank you very much! The advice is Much appreciated ☺️

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The yellowish coloration on the underneath side of his beard looks normal & healthy to me, also. :D
It most definitely isn't yellow fungus at all.
A lot of them develop a nice yellowish color on their beards.
I hope he is doing well otherwise & eating a lot, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom