Bearded Dragon messes up his tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prasan

HI everyone,
My Male Beardie, Cody, is a little under 1 year old. He is an amazing animal. He is always friendly, was a really good eater and was always pretty calm. About a week ago I noticed that as soon as his lights kick on he will warm himself up, like always, but then he goes into a mode I have never seen.

He will pace around his entire tank, climb up and down all the items and even try to crawl up the front glass of the tank. Then he tears up all of the paper towel that is in the tank. I don't use any substrate as I never wanted to have an issue with possible impaction if he ever decided to eat it.

This behavior only seems to happen in the morning, because when I come home from work I straighten up all mess, no poop, he is calm and walking around during the rest of the day. But once he goes to sleep and the lights come on again it he repeats the same cycle.

He is about 14-16 inches long. He is in a 40 gallon setup with a 10.0 UVB long bulb. his basking spot is about 105-110 while the the bottom of the tank ranges from 95 on one side to about 85 on the other

And to make it worse he hasn't eaten any protein in about 3 days. I still leave his veggies every morning and it appears that he eats a little, but then again he never really ate his veggies.I gave him a bath yesterday and I take him out of his tank everyday and he spends time with me and my family out in the living room. He has pooped so I am not to worried about impaction from superworms or dubia.

Needless to say we all love our Beardies, and I am beginning to become quite concerned. Any possible explanations would be so helpful. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he might be going through a crazy teenager phase. If this is the case, he will probably calm down after a while (could be weeks, could be a month or two, it varies). There isn't too much to do except clean up after the tornado that he becomes and if it's safe, give him an area in the house to explore and burn off some energy.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Did you do it yourself, a friend or a vet ? Some vets actually get it wrong....just being super careful, as mistakes have happened. In case you hadn't seen this, it's a 100% accurate + easy method.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209431

Otherwise you can disregard my pestering post.

Prasan

Original Poster
It was a vet who saw him yesterday. Although they weren't able to do a full work up on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom