BD Owner concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

duanehb

Hello all-

I have a 7 month old bearded dragon named mushu, and I'm starting to get worried...

It all started when I gave her some mealworms and supers, and she hogged those things down in a hurry, and got really light colours... Now all of a sudden shes really dark, and she has very pronounced stress marks that run from the tip of her nose to her vent...

I did give her a few baths, and she seemed to poo a lot of the chitin shells from the worms... In the bath I noticed when she puffed her beard out she was making a sort of "hiccuping" noise... after her bath I rewarded her for her great job with some hornworms...

She seems to lighten up in the bath, but when I put her back in her home, she gets dark again... I'm now wondering if the 2 hiccups she made in the bath have a role to play in why she's dark...

Anything right now helps...
Thank you
~DHB

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up? I'd lay off the mealworms forever and the superworms for a while as it sounds like she might be a little impacted. I'd do Phoenix worms, silk worms, dubia or crickets.

duanehb

Original Poster
destiny1998":mb470fwj said:
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up? I'd lay off the mealworms forever and the superworms for a while as it sounds like she might be a little impacted. I'd do Phoenix worms, silk worms, dubia or crickets.
Thanks for your reply-
It's a 30 gallon tank, with a 100W zoo med basking bulb, a 10.0 reptisun T8 bulb, temps are 110 basking and 83 cool. She is on reptile carpet. And I will definitely be sure to remove mealworms from her diet completely.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Thanks for answering. How are you taking the temps? The cool side should be 75 to 80 and i think i would lower the basking temp to about 105. She might be a little too hot.

Esha

I know that alot of people say this but, you shouldn't feed your BD mealworms. And how long is you bearded dragon? Cause alot of people say that you should feed super worms to bearded dragons who are atleast 15-16 inches.

duanehb

Original Poster
destiny1998":2yqmshvk said:
Thanks for answering. How are you taking the temps? The cool side should be 75 to 80 and i think i would lower the basking temp to about 105. She might be a little too hot.
Sounds good. I'm taking temps with a IR thermometer I've got for work, and RH with a digital hygrometer.

duanehb

Original Poster
Esha":1qqs8n4g said:
I know that alot of people say this but, you shouldn't feed your BD mealworms. And how long is you bearded dragon? Cause alot of people say that you should feed super worms to bearded dragons who are atleast 15-16 inches.
I do understand this now, I read up on it right after I gave them to her :banghead: she is about 15 3/4 inches long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom