Prunes - what to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtjlcl

Gonzo seems to be good since we got him home after we got back from vacation. He has ate finally but not a lot. Maybe 2-5 crickets dusted with calcium a day since Friday. No fruits or veg. I bought some baby food. He did sparingly lick the squash and tried apples but did not like the apples at all he backed away very quickly. He still has not pooped. Last poop was on August 12. Of course, he went 8 days without eating so I would assume nothing was there to poop out. I have been giving him warm baths and rubbing his belly and he is running around fine. His belly does not seem hard or bumpy. He is basking more than he was before we left and seems attentive although he is still just sitting and staring a lot. Sometimes he turns really black all over and other times he looks really white and gray all over. He has not shed since July 5th.

Also, I had him out running around a few times and he did something I never seen him do before. He would walk closer to the ground kind of like an animal that was prowling (thats the only way I can describe it) and then he pushed himself close to something and kelp pushing to slide under it and then pancaked out there.

Just in case he may be impacted what prunes do everyone use? I could not find any in the baby food area.

Any other suggestions let me know. The exotic reptile vet is not in until next wed or sat. I wish there was one in my area that had more days in the office so he wasn't so booked. I really cant take a fecal sample anyway until he poops. Well, I also am pretty sure Gonzo is a girl. By habit we still say he and my son does not want to adjust to the fact he picked out a female dragon when he bought it...lol. He said Gonzo always acted like a boy.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I would get some unsweetened prune juice or else some fresh plums and puree them. Prunes are just dried plums.

Jtjlcl

Original Poster
Thanks Gail. I actually found the prune baby food at Giant Eagle today. He licked a little bit of it but did not like it much. He still hasn't pooped. May have to try and do something via a medicine dropper in his mouth. Gave him another bath and rubbed his belly. I would have thought he would have pooped even with the little bit of food he finally ate over the last few days. He is staring a lot in a daze also. His weight is stable and still seems to be growing but no shed since July 5th. He was shedding all the time before then. He is up and running around when we have him out also. Does not seem to be struggling moving around at all. If he would just poop I would feel much better even though he still isn't eating as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom