Poor dragon on craiglist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
I found this post ladtnight on craigslit for someone rehoming there dragon. This is the picture of there 2yr old dragon. I wanted to cry and steangle the owner. Its in seattle washigton. To far for me to save her. I hope someone does.[ximg]86288 7245496106[/ximg]

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy. I wish I had room. He looks like Darwin when I got him. Hopefully he finds his way to a happy home and someone who can nurse him back to health.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
will have taken a very long time to get that beardie into such a poor state .... the owner needs to be prosecuted for animal cruelty, should never be allowed to care for a pet ever again. :( and made responsible through the courts for the costs of rehabilitating that poor beardie (only way this will happen is if they have money garnished from their wages).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't think those kinds of protection exist for reptiles in most places here. Even if they did, the enforcement would be spotty. Best bet for them is to spread as much good info as we can and run shelters to give them a safe haven.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the info. I have sent an email informing them of the poor dragon and will keep up on it to see if they do anything. I live about 5hrs away but one my husband won't let me have another dragon and 2 I don't think he would make that long of a drive. Will keep you all posted what happens if anything.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I can see Coopers point of view but I wouldn't want to give this person money or validation. A swift kick to the junk. .. maybe.

Thank you for reporting this.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
SpacialCoogs":2ju93djx said:
A swift kick to the junk. .. maybe.

Always a good option! After a while though seeing these just makes you want to rush to help the dragon and not bother about the person. Just separate them as quickly as possible.

Please do keep us updated if you can.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I feel you Cooper. My friend keeps telling me "you can't save them all"

But I can damn well try...

Are you going to get him? Or see how the report goes?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Almost 3000 clicks each way. I'd do it but if there are other options available that would be better. I don't have the space in my apartment to keep an extra dragon beyond a rehab stint anyway.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I'd send my patents down from the Okanagan but they don't have the expertise to get him. And getting him across the border would probably kill him.

I hate people some days. Who could starve am animal like that.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I sent them a text to ask if they still had her. They do... I asked them what she eats they said crickets meal worms and some kale. I then asked if she ate well and said that she looked a little thin. They said she eats a lot. I also sent them a picture of my dragon saying I was looking for a girlfriend for him so they can see what a healthy dragon looked like. They just said he looks great. what I really wanted to text was that they have neglected there poor dragon and she needs to see a vet asap and needs to be given to someone that will take better care of her. I just wish there was more I could do.[ximg]86288 6375626549[/ximg] here's another picture of her they sent me. Not great.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So I got a call back from the Seattle Animal shelter. They said that she is very skinny but she is not in the seattle area and game me the # for Pierce county. So I called them and left a mesg. She also said she has a friend at the pierce county shelter and she was going to send her a text about the dragon. I was able to get a couple more pictures of her today [ximg]86288 9920303034[/ximg][ximg]86288 58791838[/ximg]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom