Sid has turned aggressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckio

Hi all, had my beardie for just over 2 years, got him when he was a baby and we always interacted with him and got him out regularly. But now if I'm honest, we don't interact with him as much as we used to (he gets fed regularly and water) other than that we don't really get him out as much as we have a baby now. It's been about a year since we last had him out and running round but all because he suddenly turned vicious. We can't even stroke him without him biting us. Is there anything we can try to get him used to us again, I feel so bad for the lack of interaction but he is still looked after. My little boy loves him and I would love for him to be able to pick him up and cuddle him, if there's any advice please share! Thanks

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The problem here is that he has been in his on little world and not been handled in so long you are going to have to rebuild his trust in you. This will take time and patience .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Beckio....one thing that usually works is just pick him up [ don't pet him ] and hold him on your chest firmly but gently and sit with him for 10 minutes. Very calmly return him to the tank afterwards. After about a week, walk slowly around with him held to your chest for 5 minutes, then sit back down and hold him lightly in your hands, supporting his body. Then return him to his tank. Even if he struggles, be calm and follow through. You may need to wear a long sleeve shirt and some cloth gardening gloves if he scratches, but after a short time he should settle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom