Scared it might be ADV please help!!! (Resolved! Thanks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, glad to hear that your beardie is better, be careful with the reptisun UVB bulb as I've heard they can cause eye problems. My beardie currently has a slightly swollen eye. Just keep a look out as you don't want to be in a state of panic like me.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Glad to hear it ! Is he near a road ? I thought I heard traffic. If so be careful he doesn't dart towards it. If there's a quieter area that would be less stressful.

Shazbaz, it may be the Reptiglo you're thinking of [ though some people have no trouble with them ] or else the coil/compact of either brand . They have to be the right distance as well....too close can cause problems with any bulb.

Dragonism

Original Poster
AHBD":1ok4ywu7 said:
Glad to hear it ! Is he near a road ? I thought I heard traffic. If so be careful he doesn't dart towards it. If there's a quieter area that would be less stressful.

Shazbaz, it may be the Reptiglo you're thinking of [ though some people have no trouble with them ] or else the coil/compact of either brand . They have to be the right distance as well....too close can cause problems with any bulb.

Yes thats traffic you hear. We live on a busy/main street, however we have a very long driveway so he is nowhere near the road. I'd sit with him in the backyard but the neighbors that live behind us have pitbulls that bark at anything that moves and the only thing separating them from our yard is a chain link fence, so thats a bad idea. I might just start taking him to the park on a leash instead. I'm quite honestly enjoying the time outside every morning~

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, too bad about the annoying neighbor dogs so you can't enjoy your yard. I know about that and it's a shame if they're allowed to carry on noisily for hours. You're wise to be careful of them as well....I recently witnessed a pit break loose + charge at a meter maid, and another time another one went after a home health aide.

Anyway, it's good that you're enjoying the outside time as well. :) Hopefully there's some grass or you can get him out before the driveway gets too hot.

Dragonism

Original Poster
AHBD":3m21dgyv said:
Aw, too bad about the annoying neighbor dogs so you can't enjoy your yard. I know about that and it's a shame if they're allowed to carry on noisily for hours. You're wise to be careful of them as well....I recently witnessed a pit break loose + charge at a meter maid, and another time another one went after a home health aide.

Anyway, it's good that you're enjoying the outside time as well. :) Hopefully there's some grass or you can get him out before the driveway gets too hot.

Oh gosh thats horrible! :x Yeah the pits are really annoying/aggressive. Not only that but the neighbors literally don't do anything with them; they just sit out there chained up being smelly and barking. Its quite irritating and I honestly hate people who have dogs (or any kind of pet) just to say they have them but don't do anything with them. What is the point?

But lol anyway, yeah there is grass nearby. Typically though, I get up early and sit outside before it gets too hot (About 8 or 9 am). Louisiana has some pretty harsh and unforgiving weather. I'm just thankful all the rain has stopped.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know, some dogs are chained for life. :( Oh, and I meant " meter reader" not " meter maid" . Good grief ! And yes, Louisiana has had enough rain, so many people affected by the floods !

And that's good to get outside early, I think we all feel better if we get outside in the morning sun. And hopefully Jupiter will continue eating a few more bugs...every little bit of improvement is good ! The syringe feeding is fine until he does.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, Jupiter looks like he is starting to do a little better now & is able to walk/run quicker.
At least he got a dubia & had interest in going after it. I hope he continues to improve. I am
sure he loves going outside for some sunshine, also. Too bad you have noisy neighbor dogs!

Tracie

Dragonism

Original Poster
Hello everyone. I'm happy to announce that Jupiter has made a great recovery! The thrashing has stopped as well as the head arching. He's back to being energetic and eating on his own again. His medication also arrived and he's being treated for his coccidia and he has a new reptisun UVB tube. The shaking and everything else wrong with him has come to a complete stop. So far, he only has interest in eating salad and wont touch his bugs (weird). However, the little brat has gone back to hating me again. >_> AFTER EVERYTHING I DID FOR HIM, HE'S DECIDED THAT IM STILL HIS ENEMY! :roll:

Dragonism

Original Poster
Here are a few pictures to share

ZG18rfw.jpg

This is before when the symptoms first started toappear. He kept arching his body and couldn't control himself poor baby :(

Sl6ZpRt.jpg

hUVxVwF.jpg

This is him as I kept taking him out for sunlight. You can see his condition started to improve but he still didn't have control of his head and kept arching it. But you can tell he was getting better.

c2D7SaD.jpg

b1XUdrx.jpg

And here's the little drama king right now. Giving me the black beard now that he's all better. (I hope he didn't associate what he went through with me.)

So based on his improvement and everything I did to get him better, I think it might have been a case of MBD in the early stages starting to set in. He had obvious neurological issues and couldn't control himself. (I would have gotten better videos of the episodes, but it was such a dramatic time and each time I wanted to record, they'd stop.) I'm not 100% sure it was MBD, it could have been the coccidia, but the time out in the sun DEFINITELY helped.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's really great, I can imagine how happy you must be ! He looks nice + healthy there basking....the sunshine + calcium seems to work quickly in some cases. Glad to hear the good news. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that is awesome news! :D
Jupiter looks so much better now! He really improved & he must feel so much better too. At least now he seems to have control over his muscles. I do think it was metabolic bone setting in, to a point, yes.
I hope he is eating a lot now also! Great job getting him back to health.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom