Ribs sticking out and bloated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptar777

I started noticing that you could see Reptars ribs which concerned me so I started doing some research and came to the conclusion the way the pet store told me to fees him probably wasn't enough food. They had told me to only give him 20 worms a day. I then switched to ratger then restricting the amount he was given to letting him have as many as he could eat in a matter of 15 minutes in the morning which was a good 30-40 worms and then I leave some sort of salad mix in the cage for both ways. With the 20 worms he devoured the salad and I would refill it a few time a day. Now he won't even touch the salad.
My main concern how ever is when he breathes you can still see his little ribs srick out and he has gotten a little belly on him lower down. I thought he was just getting a little tuby which kinda relived me but my friends say he looks bloated?
I have taken pictures and videos I can't figure out how to upload them however. Thanks!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. What kinds of worms are you feeding? What is he doing when you see his ribs? Sometimes it's the way they are sitting or basking. It doesn't necessarily mean he isn't getting enough food.

Reptar777

Original Poster
full

He was eating meal worms I recently got him to eat calcium worms so he been eating those. I've noticed it when he was eating, laying and just walking around.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Mine look like that too sometimes. I think it's just the way they sit. I'd say normal and he looks healthy :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks healthy to me, very alert. I would cut back the mealies though, since he is a youngster they can be harder for him to digest.
Does he like the calcium/phoenix worms pretty well then? They are very good for him & high in calcium, too.
Some just have the ribs that stick out, depending on how they are sitting or standing. Once he beefs up more you probably wont even be able to notice it. :D

Tracie

Reptar777

Original Poster
I just found a place online to buy the calcium worms so he's switching to those full time now! Thank you guys for putting my mind at ease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom