Help please new bearded dragon owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mando2015

Hello everyone i am a new baby beardie dragon owner i need some help because i feel like my beardie dragon is just not right i will list my questions or concerns below thanks for your help
1 all he does is bask hes about a month or 2 now im not sure because i got him from petco but hes not very active like i have seen other bearded dragons
He doesnt seem very alert to me if i put crickets he runs and eats like 2 or 3 and thats it for a total of 9 baby crikets a day
Yesterday i fed him a criket half his size ( i went to a reptile shop and the owner said that it doesnt have to be the size between his eyes its a myth but i called the vet and she said it does so now i know but hes not impacted he pooped today normal and everything ive only seen him drink water once i dod put the criekts in calcium and he does have a uvb light and uva he just seems very exhausted all the time to me
Also when can i take him out to hold him i got him wednesday also when i try to pet him he runs so please help me give me any advice thank you so much

mando2015

Original Poster
How do i post a picture on here? And well i got the full setup from petco it has his uvb light and uva light and it has a a big log so he can bask and i have a head pad on the side of yhe tank for eat at night ans he has a water and food bowl and the floor is reptile carpet

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. If you bought one of those kits more than likely it has the wrong uvb bulb and thermometer. If you have one of those round dial thermometer those are very inaccurate. You need a digital with a wire probe or a temp gun. You need to know the temps on the basking spot. Also if your kit came with a coil/compact uvb those cause appetite, lethargy and eye problems. Replace it with a reptisun 10.0 Tube light. How big is the enclosure?

mando2015

Original Poster
Well it came with 2 lights one light is im guessing a heat light and the other one is a tube light that says its an uvb light and the enclosure is a 40 ft enclosure how can i post pics so you can tell me what you think?

mando2015

Original Poster
Hi I don't think I can post pictures from my Samsung but I took him back to petco and they took him to the vet he had worms but now they fixed him and gave him all his medicine and now he's doing tonsss better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom