Small worms in cricket keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Recently I've noticed that in my cricket keeper are these very small worm looking things, and I guess they come with the crickets since cleaning the keeper doesn't prevent them.
I just wanted to know if the crickets are still safe to feed to my beardie

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
If you get your crickets shipped to you it is probbably coming with the crickets and if that is the case they will be ok

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
"The worms/beetles you see is a pest insect that is sometimes in the feed we purchase for the crickets. Most cricket farms in the county have the same type pest. We do see them from time to time in the hatchery and are diligently working to eradicate them from our facility. We can't use any types of poison so it makes the process a little harder. They will not harm your reptile in any way but you may feel more comfortable removing them from the container and disposing of them if you can."

This is what my cricket supplier said when I got my first shipment of crickets and I was concerned with the same issue.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm not ordering the crickets from online though, I'm getting them from a local pet store?

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
can you post a picture? they said that they sometimes come in the feed they get for the crickets so maybe its the same thing with the pet store

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've had those fuzzy black ones before, but these ones I have now are very very small, and are white, similar to maggots, except way smaller.
And getting a picture is difficult since just how small they are, and couldn't find any of them online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom