18 Year old Beardie Dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely let us know how the vet visit went for Art! I hope the x-rays don't show anything out of the ordinary, either. He sure is a special dragon & hopefully he will be able to turn 19.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

CodyH3012

Original Poster
Hi everyone sorry for the late update. Art has been doing OK up until today. Today he was glass surfing like CRAZY literally smacking his nose against his glass and I have no idea why. After repeatedly hitting his nose on the glass pink and clear watery stuff started coming out of his nose. He got ahold of a blueberry when he was having time out of his cage but that's about it I have no idea what could be pink and coming out of his nose. It's scaring me sick. Anyone know?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great he was glass dancing, he must be feeling a little better? When he is banging his nose on his tank, is it pretty hard? I hope he hasn't hurt himself doing that though, that's what I worry about.
Are you saying that he has a pink discharge coming out of his nose? When did this start, just recently since he started meds?
Is his beard normal colored or darker in color?
I am happy to hear that he is active though right now. Has he eaten anything?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

CodyH3012

Original Poster
Drache613":1tm2ro6k said:
Hello,

That is great he was glass dancing, he must be feeling a little better? When he is banging his nose on his tank, is it pretty hard? I hope he hasn't hurt himself doing that though, that's what I worry about.
Are you saying that he has a pink discharge coming out of his nose? When did this start, just recently since he started meds?
Is his beard normal colored or darker in color?
I am happy to hear that he is active though right now. Has he eaten anything?

Tracie
It just started today he was smacking his snout against the glass hard it was pink watery fluid coming out of one nostril. His beard is actually not black anymore so yes he's feeling betyet. He also made it to 19!! Yay!! Unfortunately he wasn't up to eating anything yesterday :( I bought him hornworms for the special occasion and he didn't wanna eat. He did eat some chicken for me today to hopefully give him some protein. I'm really worried he was doing great but this pink stuff coming out of his nose is literally pink not even blood looking so it really worries me. Super scared right now :(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe call the vet and see what they think. Wonder if he hit his so hard that it is sore inside causing a little discharge but not bad enough for it to be actually bleeding. Wish i could give you some straight answers.

It is good that he is quite active and even glass dancing and also no dark beard. :) Good he ate some chicken, maybe he will eat a hornworm tomorrow for you.

HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY TO ART! That is awesome!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Terrific Art made it to 19 then, Happy Birthday! :D
That's great to hear he did eat some chicken too, I hope he liked it, also most of them do.
It's a very good sign he doesn't have a black beard too. I hope he eats a hornworm for you.
I hope he hasn't irritated his nose but I would give the vet a call though, to get his opinion on it. Maybe it just wont happen again, hopefully.

Let us know how he is doing!

Tracie

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Happy birthday Art! Glad to hear he is feeling better :) I just read the thread - I hope the vet can give you answers and he lives even longer for you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any news from the vet about the pinkish liquid or discharge or did he have any ideas as of what it could be?
I hope Art is doing well today! :D

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just checking to see how Art is doing? Let us know of any changes with him, we are all thinking about him. :D

Tracie

CodyH3012

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

So Art has been doing great lately, but i noticed he was sleeping with his beard black. His beard isn't black right now but the past 2 nights he's slept with his beard black..I'm hoping this isn't another sign that he isn't doing well.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hopefully the dark beard has now passed. Is he eating ok and awake quite a bit?

You are doing the very best that you can. Amazing that he is 19 now, you should be very proud. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope Art is feeling better. At least his black beard isn't lasting all day. He goes to bed with it dark?
You are doing a great job!? So few get to that age.

Tracie

CodyH3012

Original Poster
Well everyone, I think Art may be passing tonight :(

Here are some pics of him right now..he's not doing too hot. He was fine today he ate some roaches for me and a hornworm as a treat, then when I got home from work I found him laying in his cage like this. Is he going to pass? I don't hear him gasping but he just seems lifeless right now..tip of his tail, beard, and belly are ALL black.

http://imgur.com/a/o7s6O

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no! Art looks like he is in distress, I agree. :cry:
Were his eyes sunken in like that earlier today & was his beard black also?
Maybe some food didn't sit very well with him perhaps. If you can, you can try to get some oral fluids into him, to see if that helps bring up his pads above his eyes to rehydrate him. Has he opened his eyes at all?
Keep him warm overnight in his tank or his bed, if he is sleeping beside you. Just keep him comfortable. Maybe you can place him on a basket or in a little make shift bed beside you tonight if you haven't already done that.
Let us know how he is doing. He has done so well & I know he is a very happy boy.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom