How many crickets is normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyMaven

Original Poster
diamc":2ekdtncd said:
No problem. Just so you know, the T8 UVB's don't really get hot but if she is a climber, you wouldn't want her up real close to the UVB light. Great that you have the bulb and hood ordered. :)

I agree that the RepCal and herptivite are both great, that's what I use. You're right with the calcium dosage, the vitamin should be dusted the other 2 days and also once a day.

You're doing great. :wink:

Seriously thank Gd for you! You have been so helpful! It's amazing how many "bearded dragon experts" don't know what they're talking about. It's actually totally sad for the lizards! I'm so grateful to have found you and this site!

Today she ate 8-10 small (one size up from pinhead) refrigerated crickets 3 times per day (26ish crickets). (smaller then the space between her eyes) That fridge trick was incredible!! She was hungry!

She eats one bite (literally one bite) of dandelion greens per day. haha. I'd say for day 5 and originally bad info, she's doing pretty great!

thanks again! She thanks you too!
many blessings to you!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Ash, that's awesome that she ate 26 crickets or so, what a big difference. Amazing how the frig trick really works.

That's so funny that she eats one bite of dandelion greens per day. You could try offering a few other greens with it like turnip greens, escarole, endive, even chopped up or shredded squash.

Can't wait to see pictures of her. hint, hint https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

So happy she is doing so well. :D

Diane

AshleyMaven

Original Poster
diamc":ftvffmom said:
Hi Ash, that's awesome that she ate 26 crickets or so, what a big difference. Amazing how the frig trick really works.

That's so funny that she eats one bite of dandelion greens per day. You could try offering a few other greens with it like turnip greens, escarole, endive, even chopped up or shredded squash.

Can't wait to see pictures of her. hint, hint https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

So happy she is doing so well. :D

Diane

I will try more variety for sure! thank you!
Oh my gosh... I didn't share pics?!?! HERE YOU GO!!!!!
87842-2033917411.jpg
87842-8330379771.jpg
87842-2255478027.jpg
87842-253830492.jpg
(this was her first bath!)
87842-2471835949.jpg
her and I today soaking up some sun.
I'd love to see pictures of yours!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Adorable pictures, she is SO cute. Thanks for sharing them. :p

Here's pics of our beardies.

This is Angie. She just passed 10 days ago from a wasp sting and had a toxic reaction. We miss her terribly. She went everywhere with us. :(
4097-8605009648.jpg

This is 4 yr old Loki. He came from a private breeder in California.
4097-6407858138.jpg

And this is Ginger. She came from to use in May from HereBDragons in CT.
4097-4315765486.jpg

We have had beardies for about 15 years and rescued quite a few from petstores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom