the mission begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
Fred has taken a liking to only eating Dubia and amaranth from outside... he shall not break me... he will eat his greens and he will like it! day one of Operation Eat Your Greens is a go!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Be sneeky .... it works.... slip a bit of green leafy stuff into his mouth while he's munching on a bug , he'll soon get the taste of it , and might even decide he likes it's taste.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i use to get away with the whole slipping a piece in his mouth thing...when he use to hiss at me that is... now the only time he has his mouth open is when he's got a mouthful of roach. he's too smart to use the worms in the salad trick too... he just digs them out or actually bites the greens, tosses them aside and gets his prize. he's a good weight so its just gonna have to be forced through a dubia strike i think. I got some squash to puree up and dab onto his salad so that's my current tactic... i love the pissed off look he gives me when i place it in his bowl though haha, like hey, this green crap doesnt have guts, wtf

ruben0311

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Day 3... his attempts at breaking me are all for nought! I found him giving me the eyes of doom this morning, i think he means to end me. Still have not given any live prey, only greens... i will prevail.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok had to give in, he just wont eat em, he started to remain in his hide through the entire day and i had to get him back into eating, lest he brumate or something... so he ate a few roaches and i tried to get him to accidentaly eat some greens with superworms mixed in but he just sits there until the worms come out and picks away. any other suggestions as to how to get him more interested? got some beardy bites im gonna start him on so he can get the taste and smell then smear them on the greens once he likes them. i'll remove the smear after a few meals if it works and see if he takes.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Giving him a few bugs at that point was probably a good idea. Now that he's had a bit to eat though I'd start with only salads again for another week and see if he gets the idea. Do keep monitoring his weight to ensure he doesn't just start losing a lot of it. You may need to go through several cycles like that and it may wind up taking months but it's worth it in the end to get him on a healthy diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom