Drogon threw up?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, as some of you know, I got my first beardie a few months ago. He was tiny and has since at least quadrupled in size. I had been giving him a Flukers juvenile beardie blend that he really liked as well as medium crickets. Once he ran out of the Flukers, it was veggies and crickets. Well my mom got him some more of the blend but she grabbed the adult instead of the juvenile and fed him while I was out. He threw it up and made a real mess of things. He's still alert/active and still chases crickets down and eats them. I'm guessing the blame for the sickness is him getting the adult blend but him it actually being adult size. Is he gonna be okay? I'm gonna stop giving him the Flukers and see how things go. Crickets and veggies again until he gets bigger. Thanks for any input!

hi ChristGilley
I think that your dragon did not really like the food. Like mine, Dragons have very... picky appetites sometimes, though I have never heard something like that occur before. I don't think that it was actually throw-up, but more of an upset-stomach poop. I suggest getting the juvenile food and waiting until he is a little bit older before giving him the adult food again.

ChristGilley

Original Poster
dragoncheetah":3i4ega99 said:
hi ChristGilley
I think that your dragon did not really like the food. Like mine, Dragons have very... picky appetites sometimes, though I have never heard something like that occur before. I don't think that it was actually throw-up, but more of an upset-stomach poop. I suggest getting the juvenile food and waiting until he is a little bit older before giving him the adult food again.
That's what I suspected. I knew he wasn't ready for the adult food just yet but my mom made a simple mistake. I was just worried it was too much for him and might've done some damag

ChristGilley

Original Poster
dragoncheetah":zcc93lzt said:
yeah, it shouldn't be that bad, as long as he is healthy and active, he will be fine.
That's good to hear. The blame is probably with me since I just told her to look for orange pellets with the freeze dried crickets. I was just freaked out thinking it was worse then it was

Hey ChristGilley, I just did a bit of research and found out that, if your dragon is a male, it could be a sperm plug, which means that he might be fine with the food. Try again with the food, and if he does poop like that again, then it is the food that he is having problems with

ChristGilley

Original Poster
dragoncheetah":24hb9ebp said:
Hey ChristGilley, I just did a bit of research and found out that, if your dragon is a male, it could be a sperm plug, which means that he might be fine with the food. Try again with the food, and if he does poop like that again, then it is the food that he is having problems with
Okay, thank you again! I'll give it a try and see

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, just wondering how a sperm plug would have anything to do with possible vomiting ? Anyway, stick with the juvenile blend, or if you DO use the adult blend, cut it in to smaller pieces. You don't want him to throw up again.

ChristGilley

Original Poster
AHBD":2zh93fjh said:
Hi there, just wondering how a sperm plug would have anything to do with possible vomiting ? Anyway, stick with the juvenile blend, or if you DO use the adult blend, cut it in to smaller pieces. You don't want him to throw up again.
Well I wasn't sure if it was vomit or poop. I came back from paying a bill and whatever it was was in his bathroom spot. I assumed it was vomit because it seemed to be too much to be poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom