No Substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a glass aquarium for my beardie and I was wondering if I could just use the glass on the bottom as his substrate.

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
That'swhat iIwould stick with then if you are looking to be cost effective. I have seen other people use ceramic tile too it is all mainly just preference

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use ceramic tile and it's very easy to keep sanitary. It's fairly cheap to get and have cut to size too. Another good option is non adhesive shelf liner because it's easily replaceable and it's an easy surface to sanitize as well. I found that the repticarpet required frequent washing which causes it to wear out quickly.

Jetplane16

Original Poster
CooperDragon":wswoixov said:
I use ceramic tile and it's very easy to keep sanitary. It's fairly cheap to get and have cut to size too. Another good option is non adhesive shelf liner because it's easily replaceable and it's an easy surface to sanitize as well. I found that the repticarpet required frequent washing which causes it to wear out quickly.
where did you find the ceramic tile. I would really like to get some as most people say it is one of the best substrates

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I got my tile in a pack of 6 at Lowe's. They cut it down to size for me for free (18x18) so I have three sets and can swap them in easily while I'm cleaning/sanitizing the others. If you see your dragon start digging or if it appears too tough you could put some scrap fleece down over part of it in a kind of nest to allow burrowing.

Jetplane16

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3a8bcmun said:
I got my tile in a pack of 6 at Lowe's. They cut it down to size for me for free (18x18) so I have three sets and can swap them in easily while I'm cleaning/sanitizing the others. If you see your dragon start digging or if it appears too tough you could put some scrap fleece down over part of it in a kind of nest to allow burrowing.
Can you do me a favor and send me a picture of the bottom of your enclosure just so I know what it looks like.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Here's one I had uploaded already. I can take closer shots when I get home if you'd like. It's just two tiles that sit side by side on the bottom.

76248-8383156387.jpg

Jetplane16

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1ur2x4jb said:
Here's one I had uploaded already. I can take closer shots when I get home if you'd like. It's just two tiles that sit side by side on the bottom.

76248-8383156387.jpg
The closer photos are not necessary thank you.

adogg9

Cooper Dragon, if you don't mind me asking, what size is your exoterra? I recently upgraded my beardie to an exoterra that is 36x18x12 and I'm looking at putting tile flooring down instead of repticarpet and I noticed that's what you have in your picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom