dogs and beardies live together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith167

Hatchling Member
We have a beautiful, almost 2 year old beardie who is Free Range in our house. We are considering getting a Yorkie Puppy. I am wondering if anyone has experience w dogs and beardies interacting. I'm thinking maybe a puppy would learn to live w a free range beardie.
Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated...
☺???

SDragons

Juvie Member
Do not get a Yorkie if you have a beardie. Yorkies were breed to hunt and kill rats in coal mines. A Yorkie would always try to track down and kill your beardie.

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
my husband has a chihuahua and he is completely fine with my bearded dragon (i think he is still a bit nervous as am i) although my beardie is not free range.

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hmmm, yeah I'm not sure about it. I really enjoy my beardies and don't want them to be stressed...

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Bad idea.

Beardie and puppy should never be allowed on the floor together (even if closely supervised), it's an accident waiting to happen.

I would never let a beardie or other lizard be on the floor with a dog or a cat at any time , no matter how laid back the cat or dog is. I will stress the lizard too much as it will see a predator.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
all my pets are scared of Fred so they give him a wide berth... however... i would not have it so i could not always supervise them together, if just for the fact that a scared animal may defend itself. Its funny to see my 90 lb olde english bulldogge walk away from Fred like dafuq is that thing!!!

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lolol. Probably looks like an alien to the bulldog...

I think we are gonna pass. I like my dragons, it's unique that 1 of them is Free range and I don't want them stressed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom