RIP Big Daddy The Gentle Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Big Daddy The Gentle Giant

I adopted Big Daddy several years ago and he was already an older dragon appx 6 - 7 yrs old at the time

He was a german giant ,hence his name , and was a beauty to behold orange in color with blue stripes and blue eyes

He was a very timid dragon and every inch of his impressive bulk was filled with sweetness , he was also independent as his previous owner who loved him left didn't handle him much

He required a lot of energy to move his massive head and body so would walk in spurts then rest and go again

His original habitat that he grew up in was basically flat so he never learned to climb and had no clue about height or falling and as far as he was concerned he could fly.

I re did his set up when I got him to include rocks to climb on but no branches since when I tested branches in the set up he would pull a Superman once he reached the top

He was huge with a big head and body and could have easily snapped a finger off if he desired it as he was super strong but was the most delicate and gentle soul on the planet

He would gingerly take food from the hand each time tilting his head and carefully looking at it so he would not even graze a finger in when retrieving it,

At night when watching TV he would crawl onto my lap and curl like a cat and fall asleep

He was about 90 -95 years old when he passed away and toward the last year of his life he spent much of his time sleeping ,

he showed little interest in eating unless it was crickets which I hand feed him.

When I would shake the crickets in a plastic bag to dust them with calcium the sound of them bouncing around in the bag would cause him to lift his head and shoot his tounge out to the right and left to capture imaginary crickets.

when it came to greens I would need to tickle his chin and when he opened his mouth I would slip a green in which he ate begrudgingly

thus I was able to sustain him and made sure he ate a proper diet

I started taking him with me on the road when I went out shopping or running errands so he could see as much as he could see of the world the last few months of his life

I recall I took Big Daddy with me when I got the car inspected a couple of days ago, the guys at the gas station loved him , they were especially amazed when in the middle of a conversation I told them the dragon was telling me he needed to go to the bathroom , they followed me out thinking it was a joke until he proceeded to poop the second I put him next to a tree

Sadly he passed away yesterday 7/29/16 and he will be greatly missed , his sweetness and loving nature earned him a place in eternal glory

You will always be loved

Farewell Big Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom