TAIL FELL OFF HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon's tail tip has been black ever since I got her (5 days ago)...
a few minutes ago she was in my lap while i was petting her. So I lifted her tail to examine and see if I could do anything and then the black tip of her tail fell off!!!!!!!!!
I still could return her to Petsmart, but that is awful! I do not want to return her!
I do not know what to do!
Should I take her o the vet?
Can I help her on my own?

HELP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Kirk, was it just the tip ? Can you post a picture of it ? A dried up tip may fall off + be totally fine. If it isn't a large part of the tail and isn't bleeding it may be just fine, but please post a pic.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
I personally would never return a beardie back to petco/petsmart just for the fact that I hate they even have them there in the first place...

Yeah, if it was just the tip I wouldnt be so worried. It was likely due to a bite from a cage mate, circulation had been cut off and eventually that part of the tail just died and fell off. Not a huge deal.

Get some raw unpasteurized honey and rub it on the tip of the tail just to be safe if you'd like. It contains a natural anti septic.

KirkHammet101

Original Poster
AHBD":2ptulfd0 said:
Kirk, was it just the tip ? Can you post a picture of it ? A dried up tip may fall off + be totally fine. If it isn't a large part of the tail and isn't bleeding it may be just fine, but please post a pic.

Sadly I can not post a pic because I have a crappy little laptop..
It is not bleeding. And it was not a big part it was about 2 milimeters.
I just easily worry about my baby's health xD
Thanks for calming me down xD

KirkHammet101

Original Poster
ofcourseilikepasta":1axb8ou7 said:
I personally would never return a beardie back to petco/petsmart just for the fact that I hate they even have them there in the first place...

Yeah, if it was just the tip I wouldnt be so worried. It was likely due to a bite from a cage mate, circulation had been cut off and eventually that part of the tail just died and fell off. Not a huge deal.

Get some raw unpasteurized honey and rub it on the tip of the tail just to be safe if you'd like. It contains a natural anti septic.
Same here, I would never return any animal, I was just sort of being sarcastic :D lol
And thank you for the advice about the honey!!!
It was not even that bad now that I think about it. I am just very panicky (if that makes any sense xD)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He will be fine, the tail tip was likely from a nip from the petstore, unfortunately.
Getting some raw unpasteurized honey to put on the tip will help it heal up pretty well especially if it isn't too severe.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

KirkHammet101

Original Poster
Drache613":9vmhmno5 said:
Hello,

He will be fine, the tail tip was likely from a nip from the petstore, unfortunately.
Getting some raw unpasteurized honey to put on the tip will help it heal up pretty well especially if it isn't too severe.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

I have her on my shoulder right now. She is doing great! I am going to buy the honey today and see how it goes. Thank you for sharing your advice!! :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good news she doesn't seem any worse for the wear then. The honey should help out a lot to keep any infection away. She will do just fine. :D

Tracie

KirkHammet101

Original Poster
Drache613":5jvluf9k said:
Hello,

That's good news she doesn't seem any worse for the wear then. The honey should help out a lot to keep any infection away. She will do just fine. :D

Tracie

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom