Possible parasites ( poo pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
So Mordecai has had some concerning poos. If it is parasites are there other side effects I need to look for? Don't get paid till the 5th so have to wait to go to the vet. Are there any precautions I should be doing if it is parasites? Thanks for the help.
Amie Mordecais mommy

This is the 1st poo
[ximg]86288 8342422875[/ximg]
2nd poo
[ximg]86288 54031872[/ximg]
Todays poo
[ximg]86288 9127600868[/ximg]

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since they have been happening for a bit, a sample for the vet is probably a good idea. In the meantime I'd keep him well hydrated and be sure to sanitize any areas that come into contact with the poop using steam or a sanitizer like F10SC. I would also pick up a bottle of Vetericyn to spray on his bottom after he goes to help prevent re-infection once treatment begins (if treatment is needed).

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the response Cooper. Are there any other signs that would sugest parasite that I should keep an eye out for?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it continues to be loose and watery like that and if it stinks more than usual that can be a sign of a parasite. It's tough to tell which parasite it may be without doing some tests on a sample though.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just ment like him being lethargic or will he stop eating. Things like that. I keep track of his weight and he is still eating good. I can't get him to the vet right away so I want to make sure that he will be ok for a week or so before I can.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Was the poo in the first pic under water ? Has his diet changed at all and does he eat a lot of greens ? Looks like poo from a well hydrated dragon that has plenty of greens in his diet.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It still very well may be dietary which would be the best outcome. If it is parasites though, it can certainly wait a week or two if needed. He may start to become lethargic or lose appetite but that doesn't happen in all cases. As long as he doesn't lose much weight it shouldn't be problematic.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes the 1st picture is under water. He does eat his greens very well. Every day he gets collard, mustard and turnip greens mixed with green and yellow peppers and yellow squash. Some strawberrys every now and then. He has always had water poo ( very hydrated)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can always get a fecal test done but I would think it's just lots of greens. My dragons have similar looking poos when they eat more greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom