Heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptar777

So I have heat lamps to keep my bearded dragons warm. And have recently discovered night lights aren't the best for them because the lights keep them up. However it gets to cold at night does any one know of a heater I could get to put in his cage? I found some for turtles and fish but none for bearded dragon. Any suggestions would be great!!!!

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
They have ceramic heat emitters that produce no light and i ddon't like to use them but if you are careful you can also use under tank heat pads

quyllur

Hatchling Member
Do you know how cold it's actually getting? If it's not below 65F, you don't need supplemental heat. Dragons need a period at night where it cools down below daytime temps to sleep soundly, it's natural for them.

If it is, you can add a ceramic heat emitter in a properly rated, porcelain/ceramic based fixture, or a heat pad on a properly set up thermostat to restrict change of overheating.

Reptar777

Original Poster
Ya I'm trying to stay away from the heating pads. And right now because its hot its staying at above 65 but when winter comes it falls below 50 and I've been using a night lamp but i want to be prepared next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom